• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pierre Poilievre is too big a risk to lead the Conservatives

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Some thrive on taking or giving a beating. It’s a sign of childhood abuse. Not necessarily just from parents. Could be peers at school even. That’s why you don’t pick on the weird kids at school.
    Are you refering to Mr Treudau's reasons for abusing western Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Glad to see that several posters don't think Pierre would be the best choice. He may appeal to angry base of voters but can he appeal to a bigger slice of the voters in Quebec and Ontario? Time will tell.

More speculation about what motivates other posters? LOL

When you don't want to discuss the short comings of Polly you can distract the readers with useless and naive ramblings?

Moving on, you would think many incumbents would suffer an electoral loss with so many issues rattling the electorate.

Doug Ford generally has a good relationship with the Federal Liberals and has been strict with covid measures and took a strong stand against the trucker blockades. And so far it looks like he is going to cruise to victory.

Both of these are hot button issues for the western wing of the CPC.

How goes Ontario will have an impact on the federal election which is a long way off in time and issues.
      clearly you dont think PP is the man for the job , who do you think shud be leader ? and why? or are you against cons no matter who is leader ? are you happy with the disaster we have running the country now ? if yes why ? if not why?

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
        clearly you dont think PP is the man for the job , who do you think shud be leader ? and why? or are you against cons no matter who is leader ? are you happy with the disaster we have running the country now ? if yes why ? if not why?
        He only posts in the mornings when they let him out for his walk. Wait till tomorrow. He’ll for sure answer then. LOL

Comment

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/pierre-poilievre-on-his-combative-style-of-politics-and-his-plans-for-canada/

This Mcleans interview gives a clearer look at Poilievre than generally presented in the MSM.

Maybe is we could find Tommy Douglas reincarnated he would be the choice of most of the media types and chuck who are triggered buy Poilievre's direct to the point style of questioning why this country is slipping into shithole territory.

Comment

Glad to see that several posters don't think Pierre would be the best choice. He may appeal to angry base of voters but can he appeal to a bigger slice of the voters in Quebec and Ontario? Time will tell.

More speculation about what motivates other posters? LOL

When you don't want to discuss the short comings of Polly you can distract the readers with useless and naive ramblings?

Moving on, you would think many incumbents would suffer an electoral loss with so many issues rattling the electorate.

Doug Ford generally has a good relationship with the Federal Liberals and has been strict with covid measures and took a strong stand against the trucker blockades. And so far it looks like he is going to cruise to victory.

Both of these are hot button issues for the western wing of the CPC.

How goes Ontario will have an impact on the federal election which is a long way off in time and issues.
            I don’t think this race is over by any means. Thought Brown would put up a bigger showing but not so much. He is a master organizer and campaigner. I’m really torn with Polivierre’s populism and platitudes right now but Trudeau was about the same. Charest is too old and carries too much baggage. Lewis isn’t living up to the prime minister we need now and she can’t speak French. The others why are they there? Far as Covid issue it will be a nothing burger in two years and throw trucker thing in there as well. The economy will be issue #1. Need a healthy economy for an energy transition to take place.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              I don’t think this race is over by any means. Thought Brown would put up a bigger showing but not so much. He is a master organizer and campaigner. I’m really torn with Polivierre’s populism and platitudes right now but Trudeau was about the same. Charest is too old and carries too much baggage. Lewis isn’t living up to the prime minister we need now and she can’t speak French. The others why are they there? Far as Covid issue it will be a nothing burger in two years and throw trucker thing in there as well. The economy will be issue #1. Need a healthy economy for an energy transition to take place.
              You talk about Polievere offering platitudes and then end with needing a healthy economy for an energy transition????

I'm getting old but I don't see any successful energy transitions coming any time in the foreseeable future with the current participation rates. That is what I see as damaging platitudes that are doing harm we just beginning to see.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                You talk about Polievere offering platitudes and then end with needing a healthy economy for an energy transition????

I'm getting old but I don't see any successful energy transitions coming any time in the foreseeable future with the current participation rates. That is what I see as damaging platitudes that are doing harm we just beginning to see.
                Far as I’m concerned any of these”green” solutions are not there yet. However, if there were any that were feasible there needs to be a healthy economy to be implemented without the masses becoming poor. Guess I was replying to Chuck more so than anything. In the cold hell hole we live in I don’t see us fully transitioning away from burning something to keep warm anytime soon. Maybe they’ll find an economical solution when my kid is my age but like nuclear fusion it’s been 10 years away for 40 years. Pisses me off when enviro nuts or know nothing organic boosters think we can feed, heat, and transport 8 billion people let alone 9 billion without using resources. They’re more stunned than those waiting for the messiah to save them from hell on earth.

Comment

There are a few on here that could benefit from testosterone.

Comment

Ed Fast out as Tory finance critic after criticizing leadership candidate Poilievre
                    Stephanie Taylor
                    Ottawa
                    The Canadian Press
                    Published Yesterday

Ed Fast is no longer the Conservative finance critic, interim party leader Candice Bergen says.

Bergen said in a statement late Wednesday that Fast informed her he will be “stepping away from his duties.”

“Ed has publicly stated his support for one of the Conservative Party of Canada’s leadership candidates and would like to be able to offer more dedicated support to that team,” Bergen said.

Fast is co-chairing the leadership campaign of former Quebec premier Jean Charest. On Wednesday the pair panned Charest’s leadership rival Pierre Poilievre for saying he would fire the Bank of Canada governor.

Fast said he believes Poilievre’s pitch to fire Tiff Macklem over the country’s inflation rate, which is the highest it’s been in 30 years, hurts the party’s credibility on economic issues.

Poilievre pledged to replace Macklem as the head of the country’s central bank during last week’s leadership debate in Edmonton, saying he would put someone in his place that follows its low-inflation mandate.

“I’m deeply troubled by suggestions by one of our leadership candidates, that that candidate would be prepared to interfere already at this stage in the independence of our central bank,” Fast told reporters ahead of the party’s caucus meeting.

“We lose some credibility when we do this It is fair to ask questions, to demand solutions to the skyrocketing cost of living. But we also have to respect the institutions that have been granted independence to ensure that they function apart from political interference.”

Fast was appointed as the party’s finance critic by interim Conservative leader Candice Bergen after Poilievre, the previous critic who spent months laser-focused on inflation, decided to enter the contest.

Bergen plans to announce a new finance critic “shortly,” and said Fast is still a valued member of the caucus.

Charest’s campaign spokeswoman, Michelle Coates Mather, called the news disheartening and said the team is “incredibly proud” to have his expertise on the campaign.

In a statement, Mather said Fast “spoke out to voice legitimate concerns against policies he felt would hurt the Canadian economy, investor confidence, and the market.”

Fast attributes inflation, which is driving up the cost of everyday goods like gas and groceries, to government spending. Experts say other factors are also at play, including how countries are still dealing with pandemic-related supply chain issues and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

“Central banks around the world have struggled with the same challenges that our central bank has struggled with,” he said.

Macklem was appointed in 2020 to serve a seven-year term.

Poilievre has dismissed previous criticism of his proposal to fire the central bank governor as merely political elites attacking his message.

He stuck to that theme in his response on Wednesday, saying the Bank of Canada governor has a mandate to keep inflation at two per cent.

“Ed Fast and Jean Charest would have no problem firing a waitress or welder for not doing their jobs. But they won’t do the same for a big shot banker whose failures have cost our people a fortune,” Poilievre said in a statement.

Earlier in the day, Marilyn Gladu, an Ontario MP who is co-chairing Poilievre’s campaign in that province, offered a similar defence of his proposal to axe Macklem. She also supported his embrace of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin as a way to deal with inflation, which has been dismissed by other leadership candidates as irresponsible and financial experts as simply untrue.

“The more the Liberal media gets excited and upset about Pierre Poilievre, the more I know that they’re worried he’s going to win.”

She didn’t appear, however, to endorse his idea to fire Macklem. Gladu said she prefers to work with the central bank to ensure it follows its mandate of keeping inflation low, down from the 6.8 per cent that it hit in April.

“I think in the heat of the leadership race everybody has ideas, but the reality is it’s the Bank of Canada’s mandate, we need to see that done. I will give my input to the leader as we move on,” Gladu said.

Gerard Deltell, a high-profile Quebec MP who had been among representatives from that province encouraging Charest to run, said Wednesday that leadership races are all about the exchange of ideas, including bold, out-of-the-box ones that not everyone agrees with.

“In this specific case, I disagree with Mr. Poilievre.”

For subscribers: Get exclusive political news and analysis by signing up for the Politics Briefing.
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; May 19, 2022, 07:13.

Comment

deleted double post
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; May 19, 2022, 07:33.

Comment

I see crypto Polly is facing lots of internal pressure to get a brain about the Bank of Canada.

On another note apparently Crypto Polly invested $10,000 in crypto currency at some point. From over $83,000 in November to around $37000 today? No wonder he was furiously trying to talk up crypto so he could get his money back! LOL

I wonder did he invest in Game Stop shares too?

And this guy has a good chance to be leading the country in the next few years? Yikes. The Cons better choose more carefully.

Did Polly get a selfie with convoy blockade organizer and criminal Pat King? Did Polly know that Pat is a big fan of the white replacement theory a favorite idea of the racists and bigots several of whom showed up in the convoy?

Maybe Polly should listen to Michelle Remple Garner.

Michelle Rempel Garner: A duty to reject conspiracy theories about white replacement

It is pure ignorance to believe that this dogma doesn’t exist in Canada
                        Author of the article:
                        Michelle Rempel Garner, Special to National Post
                        Publishing date:
                        May 18, 2022 • 12 hours ago • 4 minute read •
                        226 Comments

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/michelle-rempel-garner-we-have-a-duty-to-reject-conspiracy-theories-about-white-replacement

Comment

chuck nobody reads them big long coppied posts ,at least i dont , can you not think for yourself and put it into words ?

Comment

pp is no doubt good at telling people what they like to hear. To me it doesnt really matter in the end who the leader is im voting conservative anyway . I always have even though i didnt like the leader sometimes. It is not my fellow loyal conservatives i worry about its the swing voters that the conservatives need to go after. They are the ones that dumped the harper government. I dont believe that the swing voters will go for pp.Hes too much of a pit bull in my humble opinion . Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                              chuck nobody reads them big long coppied posts ,at least i dont , can you not think for yourself and put it into words ?
                              I have told him so many times
                              “Use your own words”
                              Apparently there are none?

Comment

I see crypto Polly is facing lots of internal pressure to get a brain about the Bank of Canada.

On another note apparently Crypto Polly invested $10,000 in crypto currency at some point. From over $83,000 in November to around $37000 today? No wonder he was furiously trying to talk up crypto so he could get his money back! LOL

I wonder did he invest in Game Stop shares too?

And this guy has a good chance to be leading the country in the next few years? Yikes. The Cons better choose more carefully.

Did Polly get a selfie with convoy blockade organizer and criminal Pat King? Did Polly know that Pat is a big fan of the white replacement theory a favorite idea of the racists and bigots several of whom showed up in the convoy?

Maybe Polly should listen to Michelle Remple Garner.

Michelle Rempel Garner: A duty to reject conspiracy theories about white replacement

It is pure ignorance to believe that this dogma doesn’t exist in Canada
                                Author of the article:
                                Michelle Rempel Garner, Special to National Post
                                Publishing date:
                                May 18, 2022 • 12 hours ago • 4 minute read •
                                226 Comments

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/michelle-rempel-garner-we-have-a-duty-to-reject-conspiracy-theories-about-white-replacement
                                Probably about as effective as Biden latest b/s truth ministry that just burned up in flames 🔥
                                Last edited by furrowtickler; May 20, 2022, 23:26.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...