• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Supreme Court leak; Roe v. Wade overturned

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    The Social Conservative males, so vocal on controlling a women choice on having an unwanted and uncared for fetus, and with the next breath demanding government cut funding and spending to social programs that help the unwanted and uncared for living child.
    Sort of like covid eh. No questions. Just trust the science.

75M babies aborted every year and you start using gender as a shield to asking any sort of question about anything. Thats so weak.

Several states are trying to pass post birth abortion legislation. So glad the USSC stopped this insanity.

If women are so empowered then get down to your doctor and get some birth control or tie your tubes or whatever. Dont make a baby pay for your stupidity masking as choice. And yes the male partner absolutely has a say in this because because by the courts, he is designated as provider financially for a living child, then he has a rights during an abortion as well.

There is more of a fuss made against cutting old growth forest or baby seals than ending babies lives. Just sick.
    Last edited by jazz; May 7, 2022, 11:03.

Comment

Damnit I shouldn’t even comment on this topic but I can’t resist. I am pro choice but I hate the thoughts of pulling a viable child from its mother’s womb. However, I am a man and in this whole scenario my contribution to the pregnancy is the pleasure of doing the deed. I can run away and not have any responsibility for my pleasure if I so choose. The woman is saddled with it for the rest of her life no matter what decision she chooses. You can judge and chastise two consenting people or in many cases only one consenting person should be careful, premarital sex is wrong, blah blah. People will screw around and it has been this way forever, religion or no religion. So for a man from his pulpit or personal feelings to argue against not just the moralities but legalities of abortion or even birth control is obtuse and going down a path where we all stand to lose civil liberties pertaining to other matters involving personal body choice.

What is also interesting with Roe v Wade is that the ruling was more than abortion but about personal body freedoms which extended to sexual liberties and paved the way to legalizing homosexuality and gay marriage. Personal opinions aside here, striking down this ruling could give the likes of Alabama the right to strike down gay marriage among other things. The hard core bible punchers are probably getting a hard on thinking about that right now but spin this around to think about mandatory vaccinations or sacrificing yourself to the “greater good” of the nation through experimentation against your own personal choice. Only way government at present could make you get your Covid vax is to take away your right to cross borders or get into restaurants etc. Now with this ruling struck down the government theoretically could mandate mandatory vaccinations or you’re locked up say. Very much hypothetical but plausible. So on one hand you stop abortion and maybe you stop gays from dancing around and being happy but you get locked up when you want to exercise your body autonomy by not getting vaccinated. It’s a double edged sword here.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        Damnit I shouldn’t even comment on this topic but I can’t resist. I am pro choice but I hate the thoughts of pulling a viable child from its mother’s womb. However, I am a man and in this whole scenario my contribution to the pregnancy is the pleasure of doing the deed. I can run away and not have any responsibility for my pleasure if I so choose. The woman is saddled with it for the rest of her life no matter what decision she chooses. You can judge and chastise two consenting people or in many cases only one consenting person should be careful, premarital sex is wrong, blah blah. People will screw around and it has been this way forever, religion or no religion. So for a man from his pulpit or personal feelings to argue against not just the moralities but legalities of abortion or even birth control is obtuse and going down a path where we all stand to lose civil liberties pertaining to other matters involving personal body choice.

What is also interesting with Roe v Wade is that the ruling was more than abortion but about personal body freedoms which extended to sexual liberties and paved the way to legalizing homosexuality and gay marriage. Personal opinions aside here, striking down this ruling could give the likes of Alabama the right to strike down gay marriage among other things. The hard core bible punchers are probably getting a hard on thinking about that right now but spin this around to think about mandatory vaccinations or sacrificing yourself to the “greater good” of the nation through experimentation against your own personal choice. Only way government at present could make you get your Covid vax is to take away your right to cross borders or get into restaurants etc. Now with this ruling struck down the government theoretically could mandate mandatory vaccinations or you’re locked up say. Very much hypothetical but plausible. So on one hand you stop abortion and maybe you stop gays from dancing around and being happy but you get locked up when you want to exercise your body autonomy by not getting vaccinated. It’s a double edged sword here.
        Hey. We’re in Canada. You don’t have to worry a bit. Our evil and immoral society will keep on keeping on as it has and does forever and beyond. Us terrible “religious” people will stay just that. Ostracized as idiots by the prevailing will of society.

Which brings me to this point. The majority, if it holds a specific viewpoint is certainly not necessarily right.

In this case, the issue could not be more clear. A child is killed because it messes with the plans and dreams of the selfish. A person is killed. It’s not disputable. Is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Hey. We’re in Canada. You don’t have to worry a bit. Our evil and immoral society will keep on keeping on as it has and does forever and beyond. Us terrible “religious” people will stay just that. Ostracized as idiots by the prevailing will of society.

Which brings me to this point. The majority, if it holds a specific viewpoint is certainly not necessarily right.

In this case, the issue could not be more clear. A child is killed because it messes with the plans and dreams of the selfish. A person is killed. It’s not disputable. Is it?
          Are you implying religious morality has more precedence than democratic will? Don’t go there.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Are you implying religious morality has more precedence than democratic will? Don’t go there.
            Killing humans has nothing do do with “religion” does it? If so, you too are “religious”. Unless you are pro murder?

I am very anti abortion. That doesn’t mean I get to run for office, and touch the issue with a ten foot pole, if the majority of society is depraved of moral values. Values which you don’t need “religion” to even have. Harper, Manning, and others did not touch it, because sadly it would be political suicide.

Now. The answer to my question? Is abortion killing a human, yes or no?

Is murder only wrong if you are a “religious nut job” like myself? Or is murder generally wrong?

Funny how the left can impose things on the right, but not the other way around, btw. The wheat board, climate cultism, gay “marriage”, abortion. But if a conservative has views or wishes to try to change things morally, it’s oh, so wrong.

Comment

Killing humans has nothing do do with “religion” does it? If so, you too are “religious”. Unless you are pro murder?

I am very anti abortion. That doesn’t mean I get to run for office, and touch the issue with a ten foot pole, if the majority of society is depraved of moral values. Values which you don’t need “religion” to even have. Harper, Manning, and others did not touch it, because sadly it would be political suicide.

Now. The answer to my question? Is abortion killing a human, yes or no?

Is murder only wrong if you are a “religious nut job” like myself? Or is murder generally wrong?

Funny how the left can impose things on the right, but not the other way around, btw. The wheat board, climate cultism, gay “marriage”, abortion. But if a conservative has views or wishes to try to change things morally, it’s oh, so wrong.
              Think when we start discussing legal matters and religion together we can start contradicting ourselves and look hypocritical. What keeps western liberal democracies from descending into theocratic hell holes is a separation of church and state and the rule of law. Sure Harper didn’t agree with abortion but he also respected the rule of law which was tested in the courts. I can understand your convictions and beliefs here. Personally I’m not a fan of it neither. Goes against being a human but I don’t have a vagina.

Comment

You would probably be happier in the moral religious society in Afghanistan. They treat women in a religious fashion you would like, where they have no rights.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                  You would probably be happier in the moral religious society in Afghanistan. They treat women in a religious fashion you would like, where they have no rights.
                  Wow. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Sort of like covid eh. No questions. Just trust the science.

75M babies aborted every year and you start using gender as a shield to asking any sort of question about anything. Thats so weak.

Several states are trying to pass post birth abortion legislation. So glad the USSC stopped this insanity.

If women are so empowered then get down to your doctor and get some birth control or tie your tubes or whatever. Dont make a baby pay for your stupidity masking as choice. And yes the male partner absolutely has a say in this because because by the courts, he is designated as provider financially for a living child, then he has a rights during an abortion as well.

There is more of a fuss made against cutting old growth forest or baby seals than ending babies lives. Just sick.
                    Jazz, nice job of putting the onus solely on the women for an unwanted pregnancy. No such thing as putting a condom on?

If your suggesting a women gets her tubes tied, maybe some of your so called male partners should get their balls snipped if they want to f uck anything with two legs. But in your case it's all up to the women.

As for the guy having a say, that's why there's so many single mothers and children with no support from the deadbeat dads that don't man up and take responsibility.

Canadian Social Programs stretched to the maximum, you know the ones you and your Social Conservative buddies want cut so badly.

Still wondering why your in Canada Jazz!

Comment

So which is the better protection forage. Taking a pill once a day when you are in a lucid state, or fumbling around with some guy in the dark after the bar closes.

When a male pill is made, it should be given freely to that group as well. Maybe we can get Moderna or Pfizer to fast track that for us. They seem to be on to something with their vaccines.

There is a morning after pill available that will terminate your pregnancy chemically up to 6-8 weeks after. Should know by that time if he is a keeper or not.

Comment

Ahhhh. First trimester abortion okay then.

Comment

Huh? Who wants to cut care for kids allowed to be born?

And what about the social conservative females?
                          If only more knew of the lack of support.

Comment

I said it before. Abortion is the second oldest profession. Do we want it in the back alleys again?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              I said it before. Abortion is the second oldest profession. Do we want it in the back alleys again?
                              Was it ever literally in the back alleys? If so, wasn’t everything in the back alleys, from dental to health care.

If needed, yes, it needs to be safe. And yes, there are those rare times, sadly, when it is a distinct necessity.

Comment

Was it ever literally in the back alleys? If so, wasn’t everything in the back alleys, from dental to health care.

If needed, yes, it needs to be safe. And yes, there are those rare times, sadly, when it is a distinct necessity.
                                It would seem we study different histories. Or incomplete versions. Underground, illegal activities seldom safest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...