• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodeo

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    How would you know how much fun I am having? LOL

Most people can gather and enjoy a more normal life at will.

But for those who are elderly, vulnerable and unvaccinated they are still at risk of more severe covid and hospitalization and death.

The easiest solution to reducing severe illness and hospitalization is to get vaccinated and your booster shots.

But there are still some people who ignore sound medical advice and at worst pedal conspiracy bunk.

Everyone has to pay for their healthcare if the antivaxers get sick and they are still taking up proportionately more of healthcare resources and delaying surgery and treatment for other patients.
    I don’t disagree with you about the vaccine. We’re on the same page. The other side of it though you’re losing your crap about things out of your control. Have anti vax neighbours who aren’t worth getting into a fight over it because there’s no changing minds. It’s like the Russians invasion. Some here will defend Russia cause present government is supporting Ukraine. World has lost its mind and you will too if you feed into it.

Comment

How would you know how much fun I am having? LOL
      Obviously you are having fun, you end every sentence by laughing out loud, usually at someone else's misfoortunte, or bad news.
      But for those who are elderly, vulnerable and unvaccinated they are still at risk of more severe covid and hospitalization and death.

The easiest solution to reducing severe illness and hospitalization is to get vaccinated and your booster shots.

But there are still some people who ignore sound medical advice and at worst pedal conspiracy bunk.

Everyone has to pay for their healthcare if the antivaxers get sick and they are still taking up proportionately more of healthcare resources and delaying surgery and treatment for other patients.
      I used to support your side, when the evidence still supported that. But as of today, none of what you just wrote is remotely true. Although, the booster does still provide a very brief, fleeting period of protection. And on that note, have you given anymore consideration as to why you are now the only vaccine cheerleader left on Agriville?

Comment

A5 show us the science that vaccines aren't successful at preventing severe illness and hospitalization from covid. And that they were ineffective at preventing transmission prior to omicron and the new variants.

Or are you going to keep your consistent record of never providing credible evidence to back up your opinions?

I am predicting the usual A5 response. Crickets, denial and distraction. LOL

Comment

A5 show us the science that vaccines aren't successful at preventing severe illness and hospitalization from covid. And that they were ineffective at preventing transmission prior to omicron and the new variants.

Or are you going to keep your consistent record of never providing credible evidence to back up your opinions?

I am predicting the usual A5 response. Crickets, denial and distraction. LOL
          So, you are completely incapable of taking any initiative, looking at data from virtually everywhere in the world, and compare the outcomes on a per capita level between vaccinated and unvaccinated?

If it isn't spoon fed from the CBC, then it doesn't exist.

Or you could look at the data already posted by countless posters on here.

And I wanted this vaccine to work. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, or armchair experts. I don't believe my government is out to kill or maim or sterilize me. I supported your side back when the evidence indicated it really was working, and saving far more lives than it was costing.
          When the numbers went the other way, I had to swallow my pride and admit I was wrong. Have you ever done that?
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 3, 2022, 11:18.

Comment

So you are pro vax after all!

Good to know.

Vaccines are still the best defense against severe illness and hospitalization.

From the UK heath security Agency:

How well do vaccines protect against Omicron? What the data shows
            Posted by: Blog Editor, Posted on: 10 February 2022 - Categories: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2022/02/10/how-well-do-vaccines-protect-against-omicron-what-the-data-shows/

Conclusion

The vaccine has and continues to provide high levels of protection against hospitalisation and death from COVID-19, which is the primary aim of the UK vaccination programme.

We know that protection against Omicron from the first two doses of vaccine declines over time, which is why getting the booster is so important to obtain the maximum protection against this virus.

This is important even if you have previously caught COVID-19, as we know infection-derived immunity is boosted significantly by the vaccine.

For those who are unvaccinated and have not been infected, the vaccine is the safest way to obtain high levels of protection and avoid the risk of serious illness from the virus.

The UKHSA will continue monitoring the virus and its relationship with the COVID-19 vaccines. This information will help inform the development of future vaccines, helping us to better adapt our response as we learn to live with COVID-19.
            Last edited by chuckChuck; May 4, 2022, 06:50.

Comment

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vaccines/effectiveness-benefits-vaccination.html

Effectiveness of vaccination

Vaccination is one of the most effective ways to protect our families, communities and ourselves against COVID-19. Evidence indicates that the vaccines used in Canada are very effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19.

A booster dose following a primary series of mRNA vaccines offers better protection against Omicron infection and severe disease than the primary series alone.

Among people who are vaccinated against COVID-19, studies show that:

their level of protection against infection from the primary series decreases over time and is low against Omicron, but can be improved with a booster dose
              the primary series appears to maintain good protection against severe disease and hospitalization caused by Omicron
              protection against severe disease and hospitalization is higher after a booster dose

Vaccination is very important, even if you've been previously infected with COVID-19. While infection alone provides some protection, vaccination after infection helps improve the immune response and may provide better and longer-lasting protection.

Risk factors for exposure to and severe outcomes from the virus should be assessed when considering the timing of COVID-19 vaccination. Consult your local public health authority for more information on when you should get vaccinated after having COVID-19.

We continue to closely monitor the evolving science and research related to vaccine effectiveness.

Comment

So you don't get the feeling Big Pharma has been spinning us a yarn?

You seem to be totaly unaware of the concept of spin.

Comment

The virus changed, vaccines lose the effectiveness over time, but still are very good at preventing severe illness and hospitalization.

In other words still a very a successful vaccine campaign.

Comment

The virus changed, vaccines lose the effectiveness over time, but still are very good at preventing severe illness and hospitalization.

In other words still a very a successful vaccine campaign.
                    Spoken like a true spin doctor.

"Truthiness" at it's finest.

Successful for Big Pharma for sure.

Comment

From Global news 5 days ago: “Moderna submits Covid-19 vaccine for kids 5 and under to health Canada for review.”

“Moderna said it’s vaccine was 51 percent effective at preventing symptoms in children 6 months to 2 years old, and 37 percent effective against symptoms in children two to five years old.” So 37% percent efficacy is considered a good vaccine? Would you buy and use a product that only works 37% of the time? Ridiculous!

Comment

The thing is, over a year ago, Israel was showing the world their numbers, and the failure that the vax was for them. If one was watching, one would have known then, that this experiment was a fail.

But, the science.

Comment

So you are pro vax after all!

Good to know.

Vaccines are still the best defense against severe illness and hospitalization.

From the UK heath security Agency:

How well do vaccines protect against Omicron? What the data shows
                          Posted by: Blog Editor, Posted on: 10 February 2022 - Categories: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2022/02/10/how-well-do-vaccines-protect-against-omicron-what-the-data-shows/

Conclusion

The vaccine has and continues to provide high levels of protection against hospitalisation and death from COVID-19, which is the primary aim of the UK vaccination programme.

We know that protection against Omicron from the first two doses of vaccine declines over time, which is why getting the booster is so important to obtain the maximum protection against this virus.

This is important even if you have previously caught COVID-19, as we know infection-derived immunity is boosted significantly by the vaccine.

For those who are unvaccinated and have not been infected, the vaccine is the safest way to obtain high levels of protection and avoid the risk of serious illness from the virus.

The UKHSA will continue monitoring the virus and its relationship with the COVID-19 vaccines. This information will help inform the development of future vaccines, helping us to better adapt our response as we learn to live with COVID-19.
                          Thank you for posting the three month old backwards looking cut and paste, devoid of even a single statistic for the reader to use to verify the claims made.

Comment

You are welcome!

So where is your data to prove that that Public health Officials and the UK Health Security Agency is making the wrong conclusion?

We are waiting and waiting and still waiting for the data and all the evidence that never seems to materialize.

Comment

I believe that this thread has turned into a topic that should be posted in another forum.

Chuck, my mom is 85 and lives in a home with many who are older than her. Covid is running through the facility. But the sick self isolate in their rooms and life goes on. Time it did for you.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                                I believe that this thread has turned into a topic that should be posted in another forum.

Chuck, my mom is 85 and lives in a home with many who are older than her. Covid is running through the facility. But the sick self isolate in their rooms and life goes on. Time it did for you.
                                Its a good thing that vaccination rates in seniors is high because it has saved many of them and probably your mother.

In the early stages of the pandemic before vaccinations thousands of seniors died in long term care especially in Quebec and Ontario. Many also died from neglect in a horrible way. Seniors and the vulnerable bore the brunt of the seriously ill and mortality.

But the covid deniers have short memories and unless it was somebody they knew or in their family many seemed not to care.

The purpose of vaccination was to reduce the spread, serious illness, hospitalization and deaths. And the vaccines worked really well against the spread of covid untill omicron and are still working well against serious illness. Canada's death rate per capita is far lower than the US where the vaccine rate is lower.

But as we know immunity wears off and booster shots are required especially for vulnerable seniors.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...