• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat King asks for bail to avoid covid in jail?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Not if they are a flight risk or likely to reoffend.

You going to act as a surety for Tamara and Pat. Put your farm up Hamloc! LOL
    So how do drug dealers receive bail then? None of them reoffend? It would be interesting to see the statistics on what percentage of “average” criminals receive bail.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Not if they are a flight risk or likely to reoffend.

You going to act as a surety for Tamara and Pat. Put your farm up Hamloc! LOL
      Let’s simplify the debate, how many arrested protesters from the rail blockades back in February of 2020 did not receive bail?

Comment

Chuck's antifa buddy was granted bail, after almost murdering a few people.

But there's no way politics would ever have an influence in the legal system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dave-zegarac-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	773166

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Let’s simplify the debate, how many arrested protesters from the rail blockades back in February of 2020 did not receive bail?
          No response to my question?

A couple of quotes from Justin Trudeau at the time:”We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell police what to do in operational matters.” “We are a country that recognizes the right to protest, but we are a country of the rule of law. And we will ensure that everything is done to resolve this through dialogue and constructive outcomes.” Feb. 14,2020.

Feb. 24, 2020 CBC news: “Shortly after 4 pm., the OPP announced that 10 demonstrators who were given the option of leaving the protest refused, were arrested and now face charges. All were released on conditions.” Still looking but I haven’t found where any of the demonstrators were arrested and denied bail. Chuck2, Agstar, Dml can you show me an instance where they were denied bail because they might re-offend? While I certainly don’t agree with Pat King or Tamara Lich it certainly appears to me that they were denied bail because of their political views! Certainly calls into question Trudeau’s assertion that Canadian governments don’t influence law enforcement.

Comment

So are you accusing the judge of making a political decision?

This is Canada not the US! LOL

Pat and Tamara weren't smart enough to avoid getting arrested and clearly were a risk to break a court order.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              No response to my question?

Feb. 24, 2020 CBC news: “Shortly after 4 pm., the OPP announced that 10 demonstrators who were given the option of leaving the protest refused, were arrested and now face charges. All were released on conditions.” Still looking but I haven’t found where any of the demonstrators were arrested and denied bail. Chuck2, Agstar, Dml can you show me an instance where they were denied bail because they might re-offend? While I certainly don’t agree with Pat King or Tamara Lich it certainly appears to me that they were denied bail because of their political views! Certainly calls into question Trudeau’s assertion that Canadian governments don’t influence law enforcement.
              Hamloc
              The government does not deny bail. Bail is decided by a judge, who in Ontario is appointed by committee established by the Attorney General of the province, not of Canada. One of the key definitions of any true democracy is a divisionn of power between the legislative and judicary bodies in a country.

In the bail hearing of Lich, the defense basically asked that she be released on the promise that her husband would pay $5000.00 if she broke any of the conditions of bail such as contact with other members of the convoy before trial. The judge did not believe this to be sufficient penalty to prevent her from ignoring bail conditions so her bail was denied. You could have promised to act as her surety and put up your farm if she broke bail conditions, and chances are seeing as I don't think you are related, and are willing to risk millions(?) if she broke conditions she would have received bail. Then the onus would have been on you to make sure she followed all bail conditions.

King was able to convince a person he had only known for 4 weeks to promise half the value of her home (est 50,000) if he broke bail conditions. The judge did not believe this person had the ability to prevent King from reaffending. Furthermore, when King had been arrested previously and ordered to surrender all firearms, (which he did) he went out 2 weeks later and purchased a restricted handgun showing he did not respect bail conditions. So his bail was denied.

Barber was granted bail because his surety put up a 100,000 bond which the judge deemed enough to ensure he did not break bail conditions.

Every bail hearing is determined on its own merits by a judge, not government. I cannot comment on other cases where bail was or was not granted and why, but both happen.

Now that I answered your questions show me your proof that these Ontario judges were directed by the government of Canada to deny bail of King and Lich.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                Hamloc
                The government does not deny bail. Bail is decided by a judge, who in Ontario is appointed by committee established by the Attorney General of the province, not of Canada. One of the key definitions of any true democracy is a divisionn of power between the legislative and judicary bodies in a country.

In the bail hearing of Lich, the defense basically asked that she be released on the promise that her husband would pay $5000.00 if she broke any of the conditions of bail such as contact with other members of the convoy before trial. The judge did not believe this to be sufficient penalty to prevent her from ignoring bail conditions so her bail was denied. You could have promised to act as her surety and put up your farm if she broke bail conditions, and chances are seeing as I don't think you are related, and are willing to risk millions(?) if she broke conditions she would have received bail. Then the onus would have been on you to make sure she followed all bail conditions.

King was able to convince a person he had only known for 4 weeks to promise half the value of her home (est 50,000) if he broke bail conditions. The judge did not believe this person had the ability to prevent King from reaffending. Furthermore, when King had been arrested previously and ordered to surrender all firearms, (which he did) he went out 2 weeks later and purchased a restricted handgun showing he did not respect bail conditions. So his bail was denied.

Barber was granted bail because his surety put up a 100,000 bond which the judge deemed enough to ensure he did not break bail conditions.

Every bail hearing is determined on its own merits by a judge, not government. I cannot comment on other cases where bail was or was not granted and why, but both happen.

Now that I answered your questions show me your proof that these Ontario judges were directed by the government of Canada to deny bail of King and Lich.
                Actually my question was can you show me an instance where any of the rail blockade protesters arrested in February of 2020 were denied bail, so actually no you didn’t answer my question. Both you and Chuck2’s assertion that I should be Pat Kings or Tamara Lich’s surety, two people I had never heard of before the convoy went to Ottawa, is certainly ridiculous. If you can’t see the political overtones to their denial of bail that simply shows you and I look at things differently. As for any proof the Ontario judges were directed by the government of Canada, I have none, just as the judges in Ontario have no proof they will re-offend. What I can do is look at is how protesters in the past were handled and how Pat King and Tamara Lich were handled.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...