• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy weather

How's the weather doing in the west? Here in East-Central Ontario, we hit 10 degrees today, and we can say that on our farm we've been disking corn stalks every day so far this year, no frost left. Hope it decides to be winter again soon.

It is -30 here tonight with a wind and hardly any snow here in central sask. Am hoping the watering bowls don't freeze up tonight. Stay warm everybody.

Comment

-30 or colder here to, I am thinking my little penquins are staying in the shed tonight.

Comment

Here in west Central Alberta it is a balmy -28 and not much of a wind, although the east side of the province has a wind chill warning out as the temperatures are supposed to go to -45 or so with the wind chill. Apparently we will see the wind tomorrow, so our high of about - 21 or so is going to feel closer to -40.

We've still got some snow on the ground but much of it went in the chinook a couple of weeks ago. We started getting cold on Boxing Day and it has just steadily gotten worse, with no relief in sight until the end of next week.

I talked with my girlfriend in Australia yesterday and she said around Melbourne it was going up to 30C, so she was going to sit by her pool. I told her we could do the same - the water would just be a little harder is all.

Comment

Why the weather is actually warming up here in Central Alta.! -25 compared to -32 last night at 10 PM. Absolutely no wind.
          Two calves yesterday. Both snug in the barn. My those old cows can pack away the groceries when it gets this cold.

Comment

Disking again today with a blizzard coming in. Hope the weather sticks in one place for awhile now.

Comment

The grass is greener on the otherside of the Wheat Board fence!

Comment

Well, it WAS kind of green the last week or so, but it's starting to snow now so hopefully it'll be white again tomorrow.

Comment

Kind of neat here in corn/soy/alfalfa land hearing Canadian Country Countdown on the radio with canola herbicide commercials playing in a blizzard.

Comment

About a foot of snow on the ground, around -30, going to stay cold till Tuesday! A little more snow would be nice! Some calves around the county starting to show up! Must be January

Comment

Hold on everybody we had better talk a little lower about the weather. I'm sure it's the result of a few less tree's or not (enough) ozone.

Comment

Actually Muttley I'm all for more trees! And I am coming around to the notion that they do affect the weather. I met a guy who runs a weather station who showed me some pretty compelling evidence that our local weather has changed due to some massive clearcutting on the eastern slopes of the Rockies. And for what? So we can bulldoze perfectly good buildings and put up new ones? And the people of Alberta get virtually nothing for all this lumber? Just so SunPine can take care of the Alberta PC party?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...