• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breath of fresh air

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breath of fresh air

Waking up this morning to the radio newscast of our new agriculture minister stating how that the government should be doing what it can to help the canadian farmer compete in a world market dominated by export subsidies was a pleasant change. Time will tell if he is prepared to walk the talk. We had an old farmer in our district that used to spend considerable time in the bar(but his work was always done a good operator) who put it all in a nutshell. " Talk is cheap it takes money to buy booze"

Well carebear I hope you are right! Unfortunately I don't know if the money is there. After all you can't go spending money like a crew of drunken sailors and expect to have much left over for the essentials! And I doubt that your average taxpayer in Toronto or Montreal really wants their government to go head to head with the Yanks or the Europeans just to save some old prairie farmers?
    But hopefully Speller will do more than Lyle who seemed to pin a lot of hope on his ability to get them to come around to his way of thinking! Best to you in 2004.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...