• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crossing the Floor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossing the Floor

Yesterday a member of the old PC party "crossed the floor" to the Liberal camp, presumably in protest of the recent merger between the PC's and the Alliance.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you think that someone elected to represent people for a certain party and respecting certain ideals have to at the very least talk to those that elected him in the first place, prior to going to another party - especially a party that is at the extreme of what you formerly believed in?

How can you trust such a person again? If I were Paul Martin, I would wonder how long this guy would remain with me, if his loyalties are THAT strong.

As his constiuents, how could you trust him when he comes around campaigning again?

I believe that when you are elected under a certain banner, you're there. If you fundamentally don't agree with what has happened, then quit, but don't go to the other side because it maybe looks better.

Cakado; actually this guy I think was in favor of the merger. And was defending it on national television just a few days ago!!

Comment

Even if he was in favor of the merger, which I could very well have heard wrong, does it still make it okay for him to cross over? Does it make it okay?

Comment

I agree with you. It makes him look like a typical political opportunist...he will fit right in.

Comment

"It looks like the new Conservative Party of Canada will have to get by with out Joe Clark and David Orchard.

This is like a swimmer trying to get by without a couple of bricks.

Comment

Well I guess he'll get his chance to see what his constituents think pretty soon. Like in April when Martin calls the election? I suspect he'll get back in?
            Clark, Brison,Orchard and the other MP. Was it so bad to lose them? I mean they really weren't what you would call true blue? Joe Clarks riding in Calgary is the gay section...I doubt they wanted the Reform/Alliance representing them?

Comment

Apparently Brison got a pretty cushy little job with Martin and over half of his riding association quit the party and joined up with the Liberals so I expect this little potlicker will be back in Parliment come April.

Comment

Nothing like sticking firm to one's principles now is there?

I guess the walk across the floor was worth a parliamentary secretary's job.

Comment

It's called "situational ethics"

Comment

Actually, I'd call it something else, but we'll stick with your version because it sounds nicer and this is a family program.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...