• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday December 12: A New Beginning????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday December 12: A New Beginning????

On Friday Paul Martin takes over as prime minister. On the news tonight I watched him perform at a massive liberal fundraiser in Toronto. He plays the crowd to the ultimate telling them all the things they want to hear such as all governement spending will be reviewed starting Friday. Will this be able to enact the changes that are necessary to make government departments more accountable? Will he be able to reinstate confidence in the integrity of the political system to the public at large? Will he be able to draw the country closer together than we have been? Will the intereests of rural Canada be well looked after? Or will this just turn into another skillful manipulation of the voting public by the liberal party? Only time will tell, but I have this sickening feeling creeping into my insides that there is a good chance that it will turn out to be the same old chit just a different pile. Sure hope that for once I am wrong!!!!!!!!

Interesting how the biggest political fundraiser (all for one party no less) occurs just before the new rules governing corporate donations takes place.

Might be more truth to your statement than we'd care to think about carebear!

Comment

I caught the CBC clip about this liberal fundraiser and I viewed it with a sense of disgust! $700 dollars a plate! While little kids go with nothing to eat and the poor sleep in the streets the corporate elite wines and dines with their latest puppet.
      Sort of reminds me of the days of decadence before the French Revolution! Where do we keep the guilotine?

Comment

$700 per plate would go a long way at the local foodbank or homeless shelter or school lunch program.

Hope the dry chicken (or would it have been beef) was worth it!

Comment

Maybe frogs legs?

Comment

I'm holding my breath for the NEW ERA!

Comment

It's also good to know that for those that could afford $700 per plate for supper on Thursday night, their generosity will not go unnoticed.

After all, come January 1st 2004, the big corporations are going to get $4.4 BILLION in order to assist with the economy - (the way I read that it's tax breaks). Now, where do you suppose that $4.4 billion is going to come from?

Not a bad return on $700?

Comment

One thing I don't understand. Martinhas been out of politics for a couple of years. Did he maitainhis seat. Or did it sit vacant. Or does he even have a seat now. If not how does a PM be PM without a seat?

Comment

Seems to me Martin just lost his finance minister position. He was still sitting as a Liberal - I don't think he gave that up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...