• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Meals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i refuse to eat in the field, i dont stop till i am done or broke down, eat at home, often in the a m, but that is me. Cant stand people driving over swaths to bring lunch 2.5 seconds faster.

Comment

I usually pack enough food for all day. Sandwiches, fruit, nuts, fresh veggies and a can of Monster. A can of Monster around noon keeps me from getting the early afternoon nods....lol
      Then eat when I get home later.
      Last year, I think we had a total of 3 good harvesting days, so stopping to eat just doesn't make sense.
      If a hot meal does get brought to the field then we will eat in shifts, with someone keeping combine's, cart and trucks rolling.

Comment

Sk3

" still have our dinner delivered by my two parents."

Doesn't your wife get involved with meals? That would be the day my wife would sit around and make my mother do all the cooking? Even when my wife operates the combine my sister in-law does all the cooking!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          You are just a jealous birdbrain!
          Those two trolls are for sure.

Comment

Come on guys....I'm sure SK3's parents want to be involved in the capacity they're able to be.....its a bloody obsession/addiction for some. I'm thinking if they didn't want to they wouldn't, or be expected to. For some old people its their way of feeling useful and contributing. Maybe SF3's bride has a professional career....and I don't think they live where they farm.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 9, 2017, 20:55.

Comment

Often when meals are brought out at supper time, the poor sucker bringing out the food gets roped into taxiing or running for a truck or sent to fuel something up. That's how we like it - 3 generations involved and happy to see each others' smiling faces😁

Comment

Our best harvest meals are anything homemade And even better if it's warm! We have been blessed with beautiful on farm meals usually complete with dessert!

Comment

If we had a harvest meal cook off sorry boyz you would all lose badly. My mother makes the best homemade cabbage rolls you've ever had complete with sour cabbage, lots of garlic, heavy beef, garden tomato sauce. Beetniks that melt in your mouth. Baba pinched pan fried saukraut and bacon perogies with onions, Sourcreme. Meatloaf that melts in your mouth with delicious garden vegetables. Margarine and low fat not on your life. You couldn't find the quality of meals we get in a restaurant anywhere thats no lie.

Comment

To all the trolls if you don't know by now my wife has a great job in the city.
                    I have always said its a family farm and yes at almost 90 and mid 80s they enjoy the farm.

Comment

Please check out this blog. It's well worth the read.

https://mealsinthefieldblog.wordpress.com/

You'll hear about harvest from a busy mother who's also an agrologist. Your wives may like the site as well!
                      Whether a little or a lot make sure to "be safe out there"!

Comment

Most of our land is within 3 miles of our yards. I pack a bit of lunch for the day and go home for supper when I get trucks empty and my helper hops on the combine. Eceryone looks after their own meals. I don't eat much during the day. I get sleepy if I eat too much. When we had more people around mom would bring out supper but we got away from that and we try not to stop the combine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...