• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sector council for ag

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sector council for ag

Hello to all,anybody here of a sector council being looked at for agriculture?
    What it will do is hightlight & get action on the human resources issuses in ag. Maybe the fact that there are more people leaving the farm than there is staying will finally get recognized. The Canadian Young Farmers Fourum will be presenting from each province telling the attendees what prgrams are avialable in their province for training etc. It is in Regina the same time Agribition is on. If anybody has comments please come forward.
    This whole process is happening now because of the ag policy framework,probably the renewal pillar.
    Comments?

AP framework may be the foundation to design new programs in, but when it comes down to the bottom line, any representative of a sector or the industry must really carry the right thought process themselves.

Most of the boards, associations etc. that try to pass themselves off as representatives of the industry seem to miss the mark.

Success will be found when producers have a good communication structure throughout the grass roots. These same people must be able to recognize their limits and understand that expertise and cooperation with real commitment to make decisions and make things better will be needed.

Government will not make it happen unless we are able to get together as a group and basically force them into the right choices (for them and us).

At the moment we have several want to be groups that we are told represent Canadian Ag interests! These same groups are charging you for their existence and putting money from your pocket into the pockets of others (the challenge here is, the pockets that they put it in are the same guys that are picking your pockets now). This may be hard to understand but if you pay a check off dollar to advertise your product (as in a marketing council) and they spend it to make point of sale material, or do another study on markets, or any other purpose outside of direct support to the grass roots the system will fail us all!

If it is to be a true ag council I for one would like to see some implementation of checks and balances from the beginning that could kick someone’s tush if they misrepresent your interests and hold them accountable in some way!

I believe we need a representing body, but it sure should not follow the type of bodies we have messing up the industry today! (Even with all their good intentions!)

Comment

I forgot to mention that if the sector council gets set up it will be separate from government & set up by industry.
      Also the comment about going in the right direction that is what this industry needs right now! I do agree with this by the way we are seeing good check off money going into research for the multinationals not the farmers,this will be brought up as well.We need to train a generation of thinkers not followers that get sucked up in the "I'll do what is best for the company" not the farmer,attitude
      I urge you all to get to this meeting & get your opinions heard. Contact the CFA for schedual etc.
      Nice to here your comments ValuechainFX.
      Keep them coming.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...