• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land Use Framework

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land Use Framework

After years of consultation the Draft Land Use Framework has finally been tabled by Minister Morton.
    I spent hours going through it, and it looks very cumbersome but hopefully it will work.
    It is going to be interesting to see how the advisory board appointments are made, and how they can work together to develop regional plans.
    I hope this thing works because the way land uses are being currently dealt with during this period of high growth in the province is not working.

I downloaded all of the .pdf files released so far but have only read a few so far. Many moons back when the AB government dumped the Regional Planning Boards, there was chaos for a while as Counties and small towns approved projects that would have been turned down under the old system.

We need some orderly system where everyone knows the rules and seeks to protect the environment now as well as in the future. The viability of new businesses is also assured with proper planning of resources as in long term water supply and its associated waste water disposal and treatment.

Sounds like Morton's plan might be workable but is still a work in progress. We should be able to live with some rules and regs instead of the uncertainty of Dr. Death's (West's) chaotic plan of marketplace economics determining how development should proceed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...