• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill 9

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill 9

May 6, 2008
    Province introduces legislation to ease restrictions on land negotiations

Edmonton... Bill 9, the Land Agents Licensing Amendment Act, introduces a revision that will make it easier for landowners to hire anyone to represent them in land use negotiations with energy companies.

Currently, only licensed land agents or lawyers are permitted to charge a fee if providing advice on land negotiations. Under the proposed change, this requirement will be lifted to allow any person to represent land owners and charge a fee for those services.

“This government is committed to giving Albertans freedom of choice,” said Hector Goudreau, Minister of Employment and Immigration. “Landowners will be free to hire the representative they want, regardless of their qualifications. This amendment to the Act, if approved, will add more responsibility on the shoulders of landowners - a responsibility to do their homework and hire the most appropriate person, licensed or not.”

Len Mitzel, MLA for Cypress-Medicine Hat introduced the bill in the Alberta Legislature on May 6.
    “My southern Alberta constituents have told me the Land Agents Licensing Act, in its present form, is too restrictive. They want less red tape and they want choice - that’s what this amendment is about,” said Mitzel.

Good news. Still if you can obtain a land agent you should. Certainly there are semi retired guys that are more than capable that would be able to act as advisers.

Comment

the bill is being opposed by many junior MLA's redponding to lobbying by land agents companies and individual land agents.I suggest strongly that everyone reading this write the premier and the leaders of each of the oppossition parties and ask them to support this Bill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...