• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta's growth subverts 'Canadian Way'

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uve: Good point. I am not in love with the frickin' Liberals but my grandpappy wasn't either. He joined the Liberal party back in the '20s and went to Ottawa as a delegate. He maintained that if one desires change then join the party and work from within rather than squawk away with nobody really listening. I believe he had a valid point there.

We live in a democracy, why not use our democratic privileges for our own betterment.

Gotta go...

Later

Comment

wilagro: We tried that with the Mulrooney government? Pretty well solid support for the PCs from Alberta...it didn't work?
      Now you are suggesting we should support the Liberals, to see if that works? Or maybe we should be voting for the NDP as they seem to be calling the shots these days?

Comment

Because I don't want to keep repeating history.

Your granddaddy was wrong even though his heart was in the right place. We can not continue to deny the truth our reason shows us!

This is a matter of math, clear and simple!!

Cowman is right and so is Byfield. The Mulrony government demonstrated one very clear fact and that is this. There are more Toronto area MP's than there is in British Columbia.

Any government that is formed with a large component of western MPs will still be out numbered in caucus and therefore the inner circles.

Democracy like ours is really MOB rule and the Lieberal$ exploit this fact brilliantly. You want a real democracy...advocate a constitutional republic with a triple E senate or separate. Separate or Surrender that is the choice...your 70 years have proven that!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...