• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever wonder?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder why we have no money in this country for the essentials? Do you ever wonder why Ottawa can't fight the Americans and Europeans on the trade front? Keep the poor old farmer down on the farm?
    Well just turn on the TV and watch the news. You will see the auditor general turning all her info over to the RCMP to investigate the government! On charges that basically amount to theft and fraud. The tiniest little tip of the iceberg!! This is your government at work for you!

While financing their own party in Quebec (how many voters, possible seperation on the Liberal's watch, what a legacy) is a problem we need to fix, the fact there are less farm votes than people who live in Regina is a bigger indicator of the real problem is it not?

When does the problem shift from being "poor farmers" to "food security for the people" = Japan, "protection of the green spaces" = England, "preserving our culture" = France??? and put the other 31.75 million people and their 16 million votes to work in Canada?

Comment

As far as I am concerned let Europe and the states have their subs. We need to face it, we need them to. Just to survive, we have to have money. No longer can we look at the farm as just a wonderfull place to raise our children or the ideal life style. The government is the only ones that can help us to a great extent to get our income up!!!

Without goverment support of some sort many Canadian farmers especially in the west are toast. The American politicians just realize that to help their rural ecomomy they must support farmers and now it is time for all politicians to get up off their butt's and stop worrying about the all mighty vote and give us some money. We'll spend a great deal of it right here at home where it's needed.

Comment

When you say that if farmers get some money they will spend, you speak the truth. I remember once I was whining about the poor calf markets while having coffee with a local machinery dealer. He was having a rather dismal time of it too. He told me "Don't worry, next week the govt. payout starts getting out to farmers( I think it was the Devine thing in the late eighties). When a farmer has money he spends it! The next week the feeder price jumped 5 cents!!
        So old Jean and Lyle should loosen up the purse strings because it will benefit everybody. Why keep giving money to the doctors and teachers? They just buy expensive foreign cars and vacations to exotic places!!! Let the money circulate...subsidize the domestic spenders...farmers!

Comment

The Canadian government has to either come up to the table and subsidize its farmers or do the honourable thing and make the production of food in the country illegal. And at the same time bring back the death penalty for those convicted of such a hideous crime. Then all of a sudden the price of food would go up and everyone would want it because it is illegal. You have to be deprived of something before you learn its true value.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...