• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmer organizations

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again I find myself agreeing with Steve, ..I think. I do not believe government is rotten and out to destroy any particular sector of our economy. Inept maybe! The nature of government is to respond to the majority of the people; you know 'the squeaky wheel'. Farmers have little political type 'squeaky wheels' when compared with professional lobbyists, union leaders and/or corporate dollars. What have farmers got to leverage with? Even their numbers (votes) are declining rapidly. Corporate agriculture on the other hand is increasingly speaking for all other sectors of the industry. They have the clout to be heard.

And cowman, having had the opportunity to sample life in many countries, I always come home with a renewed euphoria on how great this country is and how lucky we are. No, its not perfect and probably won't get better as we begin to experience the problems that come along with increases in population density and industrialization, but ... it could be so much worse!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...