• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Producing our Food comes with a cost to the environment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see where the egg thread is leading now.
    An interesting statistic 7% spend 25% of value. I wonder if I could find the corrisponding figure for UK.
    Just a point though I am a wheat producer here in UK but pay twice the price for bread made with Canadian wheat because it tastes the way I think it should.
    There is no way we can produce the quality in our climate.
    This is my worry with this high quality market, you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The rewards might appear better but the risk is much greater too.
    If I could control the weather that would be fine,otherwise I think filling a fixed contract with a value adding partner would prove immpossible some years. Then where would we be?
    We get the same advise over here, add value find niche markets but what do you do when the weather blows you out of the water.
    The best way to add value in my opinion is to find something that has nothing to do with ag. like cowmans oil business.
    The way to higher prices I believe could come from us realising that prices need not be linked to cost of production.
    We should learn to fix a price like everyone else based on what the customer will pay.
    Is there any difference between the eggs in the supermarket or did someone just fix a better price?
    Competing on price does not happen in 2001 everyone sells at the same price.
    Why can't farmers join in??

Regards Ian

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...