• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aphids in Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aphids in Peas

I heard last night that aerial applicators' phones are ringing off the wall with aphids in Peas. Now farmers are watching their Canary crops as they head out.

checked last night none in peas yet but one guy did flax, canary also none yet. midge 1 for 30 heads.

Comment

Midge one per head here, some aphids, no bugs in the canola yet.

Comment

never seen aphids in peas so bad, so early, the plants were loaded as the first flowers came out this year, so it was a no-brainer to spray (caught plenty of hoppers at the same time) so we give em a good drink! had my flax sprayed this week as the hoppers were thick in there, some just 1/4 inch long while the bigger ones were close to an inch, and every size in between. also sprayed for midge in wheat $ durum(it's late but what do you do, I guess, hope the frost stays away.) now seeing blister beetles in canola, anyone ever had to spray for them??? I've heard they can eat alot in a short period of time???

Comment

No aphids here yet either that I could see. None in garden either. Had a couple nieghbours spray but they spray every year. It takes a lot of them to do damage actually I think because of our northern climate they usually don't do much damage to the plant early on and then later the pea plant is quite resilient. They could do serious damage to the flowering period if in high numbers. That is when to start checking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...