• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

black oil sunflower

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black oil sunflower

We have been buying black oil sunflower seeds to supplement our Llama feed. It provides oil and extra energy in the winter time. I have been looking for information so I could grow my own the year but have been frustated with the search. Can anyone help me.

Try the Sask Ag and Food homepage. I think they have a factsheet on sunflower production at their site although I think its for dwarf material. Their address is: http://www.agr.gov.sk.ca/

Comment

Black Oil Sunflower seeds are sold under the brand names of Sunola and Sunwheat. Seed quality is readily available from any number of seed distributors. They are grown successfully in Alberta from Berwyn in the Peace Country, to Pincher Creek. You can contact me for seed if you wish to plant some.

Comment

I`ve been growing flowers since 1987 there not hard to grow. If you have not had luck in finding info you can call me. John Ryckman at 306-685-2072

Comment

Pioneer has a couple of varieties EMSS (early maturing short stature) that have done well all over Saskatchewan. Contact me if you want more information. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...