• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing Jobs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be Freedom 45, but not in Phoenix.

Comment

Assisted suicide will be well supported and 'strengthened' by government if the boomers decide to live well past their care-free expiration date. 20 years from now, the guy sitting in long-term care for 3 years with dementia might have the nurse roll up to him with a cart and offer him his own personal choice of euthanasia method, whether he wants it or not - government can't afford you and family can't look after you.

When you see the Liberal's economic council come out on Monday and say, 'you know what, Harper was a smart man - seniors have to work till 67 or the system is bust.' - you know something is coming.

Comment

Get ready to pay more! The Gov. Years ago got us all to incorporate. Want to guess why that was done.

Death and taxes that's it.

Comment

Every one likes to beat up business and corporations for the tax, they pay too much or they don't pay enough.

If jobs are so important, to communities and the economy then you have to ask yourself, " how many jobs have I created?" Sadly most complainers don't creat jobs.

Population shifts, demographics,religion, and ethnicity are all changing. Nothing's changed.
          Last edited by Rareearth; Feb 8, 2017, 09:19.

Comment

GDR I think you have a good idea. Normally a business receives a tax credit on new equipment. No doubt the tax system should incentivize and reward job creation. And certainly it would be beneficial to find a way to tax automation, to make it less appealing. Not sure how that would play out in Agriculture as it is true we spend a lot on mechanization to reduce the number of people required to produce a crop.

Comment

Really rare we farmers don't create jobs.

1 elevator workers
              2 Ag experts
              3 insurance reps crop hail gars etc
              4 salesman so many I can't count
              5 chem reps
              6 fert reps
              7 truckers
              8 mechanics
              9 bankers
              10 auctioneers
              11 rm councillors reaves
              12 DOT
              13 fuel dealers
              14 rev dealers sleds boats etc
              15 airlines
              16 equipment dealers down to the guy selling shit out of his truck.

Ag is western Canada along with oil and gas and mining and lumber.

We employe lots

Comment

Under that scenario so do politicians and indigionous

I'm thinking, direct on your payroll. Everyone makes claims, ...

Comment

I am very glad to have technology down in the carribean yesterday we saw these poor buggers cutting sugar cane fields by hand then hauling away with cart and oxen. Some north American workers could take a lesson from having a job like that

Comment

There will be lots of jobs when the full effect of the carbon tax kicks in and BC highways crews can't afford to run those evil diesel burnin snow plow trucks ....
                    They will need 50 people to replace one evil snow plow ... might be a good time to invest is bicycle companies ??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...