• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one have peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one have peas

We are looking for a lot of peas to put through our seed plant. Please call us if you have anything for sale. 780-352-6212. Greens and yellows.

Cowman here's the deal. The prov. ag ministers sat down yesterday with VanClief and his 10 or so assistants and had some tea.

They talked about the weather, the good news that the Expos will be staying in Montreal. They were all disappointed about Dougie Gilmour retiring from hockey.

When they discussed BSE, Lyle assured them that our fine Liberal gov't was a little busy at the moment with other issues such as.... you know the ... marraige thing, plus the coronation (sorry delegate selection) for the upcoming leadership? convention but everything was being done that was possible. He then wished each minister along with his/her entourage a safe journey home and "Be sure to fly Air Canada because we can't have some little airline from the west competing with our only TRUE NATIONAL airline".

Oh I forgot THERE IS NO NEW MONEY!!!!!!
    (The gun registry cost us a few bucks more than expected you know!)

"THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY AVAILABLE IN THE NEW A.P.F."

At least that's what he told Sask, Ont, Quebec and PEI who have not signed on yet to the new APF. I'm not sure why the rest of the provinces caved in but you can bet after the Liberals sweep thru Ont. in the provincial election that it will be down to 3.

Who's right? I don't know but if there is new money it will have to come from the provinces.

Comment

Cowman I forgot to mention that there is a CCA info site

http://www.info-cca.ca/

This is updated daily and should be a good source.

Comment

The $600 million is the other half of the the "transistion money" that we got last year. This year it will be a direct payment to farmers based on the average of the last 5 years Eligible Sales under Nisa. If you don't belong to Nisa you have to apply for it.

Comment

Well I'd rather have the $300/cow but I guess I'll lower myself to take it! I actually joined NISA last year for the first time to get in on that gravy train. Sure was a lot less hassle when we got money from the market instead of the government tit! Oh well, it keeps the accountants and lawyers busy and off the streets!
          I'm a little vague on this new deal, Super NISA or whatever it is. But off to see the accountant this Friday so he can work his magic, and will try to get it all figured out in my head!
          Bruce 14: I detect some slight sarcasm in your thread! I hope you are not becoming disillusioned with our honorable agricultural minister?

Comment

Nope I am passed disillusioned. Actually to be fair to Lyle, He's just the messenger.

I guess I am just very tired of politicians of all stripes.

You know Cowman its been said over and over that the border closure is now nothing more than politics. Unfortunatley these games are not only being played by govenments outside Canada.

Comment

I'm not sure where I heard it but I heard that the border won't open until Martin is in so it looks good for him. You know the great new leader saves the day sort of thing...and all the farmers rush out to vote for the saver of Canadian agriculture! Is this possible? Would any political party go this low just to capture some votes? Put a whole industry on hold and threaten its viability just to look good in the polls? If it is we've reached a new low here in Canada.

Comment

No Cowman I don't believe that for a minute. It sounds to me like that is the result of western Canada's #1 sport,
                Coffee shop gossip. You know, the only sport where everyone is part of the home team. LOL

I went into town the other day and stopped at the elevator with a sample. Of course its closed for buying grain but still open for chemical, fertilizer and grain samples and coffee.

I couldn't believe some of the misinformation they were tossing back and forth. Of course when they move down the street to the next stop the stories will be slightly better.

Anne Veneman said in her press release last week that it will be a matter of weeks when the US announces the rules for allowing Canadian cattle under 30 months across the line. I expect that border to open very quickly after that.

When it comes to getting the border open only one man will do that and its George Dubya not Paul Martin.

Comment

Hey Cowman, It finally dawned on me. We play that sport right here. OH NO!!! I'm a player too.

Oh well I prefer the discussion here. Everyone always makes some valid points to the arguements which promotes thought.

The view is better watching the sun come up through my office window and it's easier, faster and cheaper to fire up the computer and drink my own coffee than go to town.

Have a great day!

Comment

Bruce 14: Never knock coffe row! Why it is a western institution! Those city slickers out east don't know what they are missing!
                    I try not to miss my own "coffee row" which is actually "lunch row". I will drive 50 miles out of my way just to get there!!! Old friends, old neighbors! And do we ever have a solution for just about everything under the sun!
                    My son sometimes gets exasperated with my social leanings, he's all work and no play! Asks me "where the hell were you?" I guess he doesn't understand that public relations are important too???? I like people and I'm having a good time!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...