• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah history repeats again! Canada gives its farmers a extra tax. Boy we can't compete1

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foragefarmer, the Liberals tried to design income support programs that complimented Crop Insurance. Since 1999, came AIDA, CAIS, Agristability. They weren't perfect and didn't work for everyone but they were designed to pull farmers through years of low grain prices and disasterous weather events. Along came our friends, the Conservatives and kablooie - kybosh this crap and they did.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
      Am I the only one that sees something wrong with the above statement. Why would you pay the farmer for low prices when the record corn and soybean yields are the direct correlation to why the prices are low. How about less production so the prices rise??? I understand market down turns but all they talked about was record yields. There is no incentive to reduce production to get commodity prices rising if all you do is pay out support payments. Same as canada, why produce large yields when you get poor prices for it. We all need to put that yield EGO in check and start thinking of ways to make sure we stay sustainable.
      Exactly. The most ridiculous program I can imagine is revenue insurance. The market is trying to tell the producer to produce less, and we go and create a revenue insurance to give the exact opposite signal. Same with any subsidy. Then complain about low prices and over production. Government couldn't manage a two man rush on a three hole outhouse.

Comment

Samhill, my dad talks about that LIFT program and there were guys that did the same around here. Seeded wheat and made out great. But that is the trouble with farmers, we only think about ourselves. If everyone would have taken the LIFT program everyone woyld have benefitted. Typical farmer attitude, **** the neighbor but complain about prices. This whole system is ****ing bullshit. Sorry for my french!!

Comment

Western Canadian farmers want to ...on an individual basis....compete against the US treasury....

It's idiotic....but the American farmer continues on....we cant compete...individually.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            For rage just F&@k off!

What do you bring to agriville each day?

Nothing!
            But the LEFT perspective....

Comment

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
              Am I the only one that sees something wrong with the above statement. Why would you pay the farmer for low prices when the record corn and soybean yields are the direct correlation to why the prices are low. How about less production so the prices rise??? I understand market down turns but all they talked about was record yields. There is no incentive to reduce production to get commodity prices rising if all you do is pay out support payments. Same as canada, why produce large yields when you get poor prices for it. We all need to put that yield EGO in check and start thinking of ways to make sure we stay sustainable.

Soon as HELL freezes over will farmers work togethe
              r...wait might be this week...cause it looks like HELL and it's f*cking COLD as HELL...must be HELL, welcome to it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...