• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Results?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea Results?

Started peas today and what started to look like a bonus year ended with a downer. Instead of 50 like they looked averaged 30. But this is the field that had 4 inch downpour in July with the other 4 inches of rain in July and not that well drained. Started the second one and close to what I thought it would do. But one out of 8 hurts from start because you know their will be another. So between the hail in area and flooding and poor emergence. looks like a average pea crop. Best in District ran 55 and they were really nice.

My peas are less than expected also. First two fields were 25 due to weed pressure. Next beside the hail still 25 expected more because it had extra moisture. Five more fields doing 40 neighbours were expecting 60 due to heavy swath but it is not there. Hailed out stuff might do 10 to 15.

Comment

Very dissappointing, I haven't grown alot of peas in the past, but this was looking like my best stand ever grown. Neighbors all commenting it was one of the nicest in the local area. I was busy listening to the radio crop experts telling us all about the huge yields and I have to admit they started me counting the chickens before they hatched, man is it 60 or 50 bushels an acre, if either so what if the price dropped some. Harvested, and reality is between 25 and 30 with the dropped price. Other yields vary from 10 to one I heard 40.

Comment

I was hoping for 50, likely get 40. No more sales for a while.

Comment

Another one done and again disapointment 35. Tomorrow the field every one was commenting on all year heard it should make 60 from a few neighbors and chem reps. After the last two fields I am betting on 40 at best.

Comment

East central SK.450ac yellow peas looked like 60bus/ac it ran only 30bus/ac. It better get $12.00 or more per bushel.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...