• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A walk through the pea plots ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the treflan thing this spring.
    ( trying to get away from wheat)
    on a tight rotation on poor land.
    testing the limits.
    it is my own fault, if it is a screw up.

thinking with well drained sand, I could push it.
    it is not great right now . but if we get a few weeks of heat , it might improve.

whether it pencils better than wheat time will tell.

I have come to the conclusion that peas are complicated.
    add in some extremely light land, it's even more complicated .

had a home run last year in the same type of land.
    tried harder this year and now hoping for a base hit.

Comment

Saskcan , fair enough .
      I was just pointing out the are big differences in those plots and results will be much like last year .
      Again never mentioned anything about heat , or that anyone had to do anyone or all the treatments there. Most of those high end treatments are not always feasible but no one has to do them .i only did a portion of my pea acres to see. It's simply info from plot data. Just pointing out there are big differences and this is some of the only research ever that covers herbicides , and fertility and the relationship in that in peas .
      Never said anyone must do this or that
      Just simply passing on info to others.
      If it don't work for you that's your call , I never endorsed the high end treatments anywhere.
      I know our balance sheet does not work with high end treatments either - risk is too high most years.

Comment

Wise guy - I have a pile of data and customers that prove otherwise.
        Yes there have been times where things don't work out - like any product out there.
        But to say everything we offer does not work is simply just bashing and is simply wrong .
        In time results from others will prove it .

Comment

I do believe that Viper does set peas back and if some thing beyond your control like night temp looking sideways etc plants will have issues about a week later.

Comment

There were a lot of peas sprayed in very good conditions that flashed. But as Saskcan pointed out and he / she is right - low water volumes are the most likely culprit .
            Peas are very finicky and show any stress very quickly .

Comment

Neighbour did half a quarter with Focus other 80 with Edge, you can see the line. Lentils don't look good where Focus was applied. Very thin and a sick color. Maybe all the rain had leached the Focus to the roots.

Comment

Furrow could we do a tour sometime?

Comment

You bet , we can line up something no prob

Comment

The theory of moving dirt is rediculous. What about a disk drill? What about our setup with disks moving dirt back onto the seed row?

What about a heavy rain that washes it back.

Heat in fall pre harvest then authority in spring. All we needed was a 3rd rate of bassagran and some assure peas completely clean

Comment

Furrow can you clarify for us, do you sell this stuff or are you just a farmer? In one previous comment you spoke a out customers data.

Comment

We do offer Kugler and Ligno humate for guys willing to try . We don't sell Alpine but do use it as well.

Comment

We do not sell any of the products used in the Racks pea plots if that is what you are woundering

Comment

If your doing a tour, and there's room for a beer cooler I'd like to join you, furrow, klause.

Comment

Wait for me im coming too.

Comment

No offense Furrowtickler but if this stuff does what you say it does Why not just hire a third party research firm liek agquest or another one to do some proper replicated trials.

Instead of pictures and ideas and rumors And retailers running trials for products they are selling. Lets have some third party data.

If it truly does work it would be the cheapest and easiest way to sell this stuff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...