• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Root Rot in Peas!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea crops west of here in the other rain belt are going down daily as well.
    This big pea crop is in trouble .
    There will be a few good areas but those areas are now getting dry and if they continue to miss rains they won't amount to much either.

Comment

Sask pea production took off when Al Slinkard came up from the Palouse.
      The Palouse is well suited to pea production as they have dependable rain till the end of June and dry after that for maturity and harvest.
      Lentil and chickpea also developed in that area.
      Nice description of thier development here:https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/story/2016/mar/mon/growing-pulses-in-the-palouse
      If you ever have any time in-between around gate July early August take a short tour of the Palouse during their harvest. Many similarities to ours with enough variation to make it interesting.
      Nice farmer drive.

Comment

Forgot to lead of with the all important that you should drive thu the Palouse during late july harvest to see what clean desiese free peas look like.

Comment

Greybeard- they use use heat ?or Viper?

Comment

I need to hear that everyone who didn't use Viper or Odyssey and has more than adequate moisture is having reduced issues with root rot. Give me the link to the Rack trials. Checked again today, some yellow patches beginning to appear with very few mycosphaerella symptoms. Some nodules nice and pink and some others(on land that was broke 50 years ago) aren't really doing their job....lots of nodules but white as a sheet of paper. Rain forecast for the weekend. With the pump primed with surface and atmospheric moisture, if a cold front hits it it will surely condense or squeeze it out as rain. Starting to see more flowers, D-Day is approaching and time to decide if I'm going to shit or get off the pot.
            Maybe I'll shit and smoke some pot.....then I won't care, can laugh it off and eat some chips.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 23, 2016, 00:13.

Comment

Captain Morgan and me are duelling now....he is winning.

You stick to the Wiserhood----The Society of Uncompromising Men!

Comment

There's some many flaws in The Racks pea plots. One massive flaw. Omitting because you know the answer really puts it in question. Also sceptical when their magic foo foo juice gives the absolute best yield far and away.

Comment

Lol..foo-foo juice. At the end.of the day I'll be price of Delaro over 450 acres poorer. But they are nice. 12.5 US gallons per acre water. With Mother Nature air assist application. Slough margins and other alkali spot in the field are showing signs.of yellowing.

Comment

Pea crop just South of Sedley looks fantastic. No disease there so far on the flattest low ground. Would like to know the recipe, special roller though.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...