• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEMP PRODUCTION

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEMP PRODUCTION

i'm wondering what the future holds for hemp grain production in Canada. This will be my fourth crop. My partners think i'm wasting my time.Who's going to try some--who's saying the hell with it

Hi farmerfud.I think there may be a future for hemp production but it's going to take many years to develope long term permanent markets.It really is a wonder crop and once people see this demand will continue to grow.

I also think that there could someday be good demand ;perhaps larger than for seed on the fibre side of things.

I am looking for some good USO 14 seed if you know where there is any.

Comment

Hi yourself counryguy. I agree. It has the potential to be a profitable crop as was ****/canola some decades ago. It's quite a learning curve useing what you know and knowing we can do better, especially in the quality of the varieties both fibre and grain production.
      This will be my largest # of acres this year at 125. I've had some wrecks but thats the LEARNT part.
      Sorry no 14 i"m trying uso31 for the high gla.

Comment

this is the worst year for certified seed availability i have encountered.
        that being said, i know where to get some USO 14, some USO 31, also possibly some fasamo and high GLA finola as well.
        the good news it that seed prices are lower than they ever have been. currently we have some good grain prices, which will hold for the next 6 months. hemp is currently in an undersupply situation...and i do not think the market will be flooded as in '99 either.
        email me: arthur@saskhemp.com

Comment

hello Arthur. good to hear from you.Have you heard of any CRAG seed available? Also what came up at the conferece in Ontario?

Comment

Hi FF,
            I think the Nutris group has some, but not much, Crag. 2004 seems to be the year for the seed to be available on a large scale. If you need some #'s contact me.

from reports -- i didn't make it, but i was invited to speak, sent regrets -- OHA conference went well, SARS be damned. One of the things that emerged was a collective organic seed breeding project with Great Lakes Organic.

in other news -- a stay has been issued against the latest DEA final rule,which means that the US market is still open for seed and its looking more likely that the court will rule against the content of the rule itself. SO its a good time of year to hear this kind of news.

Comment

hey countryboy. Ive found a big batch of uso 14 cleaned ready to go. I'll check back to see if u respond

Comment

Hi guys,

We have a group developing hemp production and use near here (London, Ont).

A while ago I saw on the internet that some people overseas needed some hemp seed, so I went to them to ask about it.

They have little to do with seed, but gave me a phone number in Chatham.

Which I didn't follow up - and now have lost it.

I'm not sure whether I can find the connection with the potential buyers - but will see what I can do.

I think that they wanted a fairly major quantity, if I can remember correctly.

I hope that your summer goes well.

Ed Baker grainstove@yahoo.ca

Comment

Hi Farmerfudd

Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner but I've been pretty busy as of late as I'm sure most people are.I found some decent USO seed here close to home and it will be going in in the next few days.Thanks for the help.This is one of the few crops that I'm actually excited about growing this year.There is 3 to 4 thousand acres going in in the area so the crop is picking up interest here once again.Wish you luck with the crop this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...