• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentils and peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For crying out loud all coverage went up thru crop insurance. Why? Trend line yields are higher and dollars per bu which FOLLOW MARKETS are higher this yr than last.

Comment

......its only when farming the program makes more sense/profit than the land...... for crying out loud!

Comment

I plan on making some damn good whine with my sour g****s.....I hope it's not too dry.

Comment

Do any of you guys look at the premiums? FFS with a 50% deduction, and you don't get that f'n the system, lentils are $20 coverage. Plus after all these wet years, here, lentil acres have been really scaled back due to complete wrecks in '09,'10,'11,etc. There were likely be areas with excellent lentil conditions. I suggest with poor coverage and poor discount crop insurance bill might be the last nail. People that farm crap insurance stop farming, soon, in my view. Not a sustainable business plan. We shouldn't even talk like this if you have evidence of abuse do something. We all pay for that as farmer and taxpayer

Comment

Bucket, my WAG is the industry? No matter the quality there will be more volume to grade, handle and ship to a destination.

Comment

I would be extremely cautious on seeding sub par peas into ground that will be getting cooler and possibly wetter. In this area anyway .

Comment

Crap insurance distorts the market with extreme coverages both ways. Guys that flooded out 5 out of 10 years have shit coverage on the crops grown those years, if an area is declared a disaster those yields should not be used. The idea of insurance is to cover you what you should grow on a normal year not based on blowouts its a *** joke how stupid our ag people are. The Sask party reform told us all how stupid the ndp were with ag and they ve actually made changes that are as bad or worse.
                Got to laugh at apas coming out a few weeks after our election and admitting ag programs are a joke, they are the joke they should have headed up meaningful discussions prior to the election when it meant something, but I see some of them ran for the reform so no wonder we had no representation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...