• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

european grain lifts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

european grain lifts

shocking weather in europe is lifting grain prices. up £3 today.
    crops not good, very cold for march

I suspect the weather could start gaining traction here as well. How far behind are you guys Hedgehog as far as Crop Calender goes?

We won't see plus temps here until the 1st of April to START melting the largest snow pack in recent history. things can certainly change but I am guessing seeding is poised to be at least 2 weeks behind schedule, that is with no hiccups from APR1 on.

Canola should be squeaky tight by mid August, It certainly doesn't look like an early crop coming. Certainly everything can change but this what it looks like today.

I cleaned out Snow in front of Culverts the other day. Snow was 8 feet deep for at least 150 feet out from the road and on the level 1 - 3 feet of hard packed snow. that is not going away overnight.

One saving grace for us is it doesnt seem like the ground is froze very hard so it may warm up quicker.

Comment

Mother nature - the great equalizer.

Comment

we are a month behind last yr, 3 weeks behind normal.

Comment

hedgehog, will that amonut of lateness alter the choice of crops planted? If so, what crops will have fewer acres and what crops will be increased based on later seeding dates? Thanks,

Comment

i would guess wheat down, barley up, spring canola up.
            winmter wheat and canola have been devastated by wet/cold/frost/slugs/dubious seed across whole uk and w europe
            heavy snow forecast in central england tomorrow 10 inches

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...