• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Peace/Sierra Club Environmental Groups

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Peace/Sierra Club Environmental Groups

We are about to make a commitment, to
    start donating to one of these groups.
    Which environmental group would be the
    best?

Send it to me instead. It will do just as much good for the environment and I promise I won't buy TV time with your money so that I can say stupid things to stupid people.

Comment

Soooooooo kin you issue a tax receipt fer
      my doughnation? How due you intent to
      spur environmental change, not using the
      media? Or are you just a cracked
      pot/smarty pants rednecked framer who
      can't see or doesn't care bout anyone
      except his own business/dirt?

Comment

If their policies and mandate aligns with
        your views and goals??
        Then research who their larger
        contributors are. They might be backed and
        driven by someone you don't agree with.
        You might even be surprised!

Comment

Burbs did you get sucked in by one of these types of commercials? LOL

Comment

I freely admit I'm looking out for Bob. The only difference between me and Greenpeace/Sierra in that regard is that I'm honest. And I'll issue you a receipt. What you choose to do with it from there is up to you.

Comment

Dear Burbert,

Check these folks out:

The Pembina Foundation for Environmental Research and Education, also known as The Pembina Foundation, is planning to raise an estimated amount of $800,000 this year through funding applications and awareness campaigns. Other than staff time estimated at $6,000 value per year, there is no extra cost to raise this amount.

The money raised will be going:

1.To promote public education and information that increases understanding about environmental and global issues and that enhances the public’s ability to protect and conserve the environment.
              2.To research, develop, and produce educational materials and programs which assist formal and informal educators involved in school, adult, and community education to implement or conduct education programs that increase understanding about environmental issues and methods of protecting and conserving the environment.

The Pembina Foundation is a charity registered with the Canada Revenue Agency under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (CNCA)."

I have found them to be honest and common sense folks... that are trying to make things better.

http://www.pembinafoundation.org/
              http://www.pembina.org/

My association with them has been primarily through the Pembina Insitute... which does not have Charitable status but is a 'non-profit'.

Hard working common sense folks... that have made a real difference in western Canada.

Cheers

Comment

F.Y.I.

"* Please note that the Pembina Institute is a non-charitable organization and is unable to issue tax receipts.

As a non-profit energy think tank, the Pembina Institute employs a number of different methods to advance sustainable energy solutions, such as encouraging Canadians to call on our politicians to amend, retain, change or develop policies and laws which influence the way we produce and consume energy. Due to the Canada Revenue Agency’s constraints on the types of activities that charitable organizations can engage in, the Pembina Institute has opted not to apply for charitable status. We hope that you will support our decision to use a wide array of methods and approaches to advancing sustainable energy solutions by donating to the Pembina Institute.

If you wish to receive an official income tax receipt and support innovative environmental research on energy issues, consider directing your donation to the Pembina Foundation for Environmental Research and Education, a registered Canadian charity that frequently contracts the Pembina Institute and other organizations to deliver on its environmental research and education mandate."

Comment

Pembina, shembina, theys an fn Albertie
                  Conservative fronted organization, phoney
                  as balogna. Lottsa useless advice soooooo
                  far on this tread. Guess'll make a
                  decision, maybe send funding to both, eh!!
                  Heil Harper, F Ritz two.........

Comment

Then why not just send the money to Alison Redford...
                    and get a nice big political tax receipt!!!

Cheers.

Comment

Alison's outta town this week in
                      Washingtone, suckup ta the amerikins,
                      please oh please by our bitchbubble
                      cousin its cheap and secure. Hard ta
                      refine, dirty as hell, butt wes got a
                      backup in Comedia and is goin broke.
                      Please, please, please let us build a
                      pipeline, cousin the ideas fer the
                      WESTCoast one is so stupid, its a
                      nonstarter. Na not gonna send money to