• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Peas

A local elevator upped there bid to $9.50 for immediate delivery. I will bin them and sell for $7.00 in April.

LOL! Very clever. You will show "them"!

Comment

Just a heads up to the eastern guys - later seeded yellow peas in this area are touching 50 - in the "drought " area . Just so you know .
      My bins would be fukin empty if I had any off

Comment

Whoops - I swore - I am so sorry - bit I think I made a strong point .

Comment

50 x $9 = $450
          Not bad for a drought furrow.

I thought with all the negative talk on Agriville the crop was lost?

Comment

Hmmmm? 25 bu/ac greens at $8.00.

Don't the guys who bought green peas for $12.00/bu two and three years ago want us to be profitable this year or grow any next year?

Comment

My peas didn't average 10 bpa.

Actually well under. Just went to long without a rain.

Viper probably didn't help either.

Buy they are gone. And it really wouldn't matter if they went to 10 bucks it wasn't a money maker.

Comment

Don t worry ritZ says you ll get a big cheque from grow backwards just like the communistic Americans only a little less maybe.

Comment

We did not grow yellows - the point is , some are banking on a very poor yellow pea crop in Western Sask - well heads up , it not all a disaster out here in some areas.

Comment

Late peas in our area look better than early but only few seed peas late. Rain has made their harvest interesting. Lots left on ground as went flat.
                    I did say I would bin till I got what I wanted and Early last week helped fill a train with a very good price picked up.
                    So peas are gone except for seed for next year.

Comment

Good move S/F

Comment

After a parts run today, I'd say most of the peas are harvested here in the n.e. At least from my hyway road tour. IMO for the bulk of the pea harvest to be done by the end of Aug. seems early for me...

Comment

Tipsy,

Did my first field of Yellows!

Sure will plant more next year... wishing I had more peas and less flax!!! Pea yield likely will be more than our CWRSwheat... and worth way more!

Only wish all pea harvests could pick up and be this easy... best pea harvest ever for Combine and field finish for next year !!!

Comment

Tom

Good to hear. Yellows when they grow and make a nice stand are great to harvest.

Every time you pull back in from the headland turn you can hear them in the combine.

It becomes musical if you are not listening to the radio. And even better I'd they are yielding well and going direct to the elevator.

Comment

Tom4 looks like they can tolerate more heat and dry conditions cause I know they don't like wet n soggy?
                              Good luck with the rest of your harvest!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...