• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas and the 2015 Crop.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't hire agrologist's either but do have a couple other things on the go - have not made me a dime but cost me money . They will be cut out.

Comment

Furrow, you need to follow the recs for them to make money. Haha. In my opinion if you're not soil sampling after a year like this you must really love agrium and have more money than brains. It's not unusual in a normal year for me to find 10% of acres needing no N. That will be even higher on the heels of a drought. God forbid we even start planning for average precipitation again.

Comment

I started planning for average precip long ago my friend - lol Begore some on here were even farming full time

Comment

Haha I know what you're up to. But it is funny that when I started in 2004 I did a lot of fertilizer plans for 5" of rain with 7" being optimistic. Now people look at me like I'm daft if there isn't one for at least 9" if not 12". I turned off the tap at 50# N this year. That extra $30/ac I saved will be my profit margin between cost and crop insurance.

Comment

We have none hired by the farm.
            I have summer students doing some plots.
            And two reps that scout for me but I still decide.
            And two friends that work in that field full time all questions I have answered easily.
            I still make the final decision.
            Hey if you really wanted to you could find something different that's wrong with a crop every single day.
            But really it's about peas and I think we're in for a really low yielding crop total country wide.

Comment

Lol - I know where your at ado - I have been treated much the same with our farming practices - much the se as you and Klause . God forbid a guy does something outside what local fert retailer preach on full bore giver shit all at once b/s

Comment

My peas are going to run at least 60. Not sure the unit of measure yet. Haha. First few pods still trying for 7 peas. I hope they can fill on fairy dust and unicorn farts though.

Comment

Mine will likely run around the 100 mark......100km/hr on the way to the processor!!!

I really dont like the "all in" thing but that is how I'm set up for now. Soil isn't the best place for long term fertilizer storage. Oh well. Soil test this fall. Where? On the seed row, midrow where there was no fert placed or midrow where most of the fert was placed? I guess it depends on the results I'm looking for ;-)...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...