• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if you grow it they will take it for peanuts!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you grow it they will take it for peanuts!

See something funny is happening in the world of Bull shit grain Marketing.
    News all over the place that this years harvest is going to be a bin filler. Europe USA Canada Australia winter and then South America the land of no crop problems ever. Oh throw in Russia with no value on a dollar and Ukraine.
    Lots of Canola was priced for fall delivery when all the experts last winter were talking 10 is a good starting point for production. So if guys were cautious lets say 10 bus a acre at 10 is the first 100. On some farms that will be their total production. If your done flowering and if you can see a gopher F$%King a mile out in a field your done. Rain wont help. Also with these cool morning temps if we have a repeat of 2002 and 2004 all the late seeded shit is toast. Our early will have a huge swath of shit all. That year if froze in USA also as far south as Min. Europe is having a heat wave and Australia has some cool days ahead.
    So the bull shit continues as the world is a wash in grain.
    Mud doesn't make grain. Quality in USA lets think about that 100 above in day time and rain at night harvesting wheat that's bone dry. Ah do they have varieties that don't sprout. ME thinks not.
    Soy can take water better than peas but soy under water for days does die the same way and if can flood once maybe twice then shit all.
    Corn doesn't like day in day out rain it takes the fert down and potential is lost.
    But experts in offices tell a different story, world wide things are just great.
    So here is my take.
    The markets will drop and drop and drop because its all about the computer and playing games. Computer program trading is the new way. Funds buy and sell using computer programs and no facts.
    Once this whole big planet needs to not be able to feed it self, Just once.
    So again I think we will not see a big run or return to higher prices.
    Our dollar might be 30% less than a USA dollar but that wont mean a thing.
    Peas will not fetch more than 8.75
    Canola will be hard to get 12 across the board.
    Wheat will stay range bound at 6.
    Barley for malt 5.75 feed at 3 to 4.
    Oats at under 3.
    Flax at 11 or 12.
    Decent but no real big price.
    What are others thinking. I'm saying flat even if we have a low dollar.
    But Fert seed and Chem and equipment will skyrocket. Just because.

Maybe my price projections were too high I was dellusional enough to think that the grain market wasn't fixed like every other. I was reminded yestarday when a 1 billion good dollar naked short brought down silver prices to 5 year lows on the same day the US mint suspended silver eagle sales due to soaring demand. The market is the complete opposite of rational where prices are set and not arrived at

Comment

Imagine the civil unrest when there is no money AND no food. The masses need to be fed as economically as possible.

Comment

I understand the logic of wanting to talk down crops and yields hoping to influence prices.
        However, wouldn't it be better to talk up how huge a crop there is when it actually sucks.
        Better to have a lot of buyers being sellers at this time of year only to have the truth come out and not enough grain later and have the market go crazy.
        Just a thought and either way it really doesn't matter what we say does it?

Comment

Just curious how many of you actually look at the charts. For what it is worth, this is where I spend my time versus trying to sort through all the market noise/chatter (also called news). When I look at them, I see new trading ranges which have included a premium for weather. Soybeans are good case in point. So is corn. New support areas and resistance.

Your biggest risk now is not agriculture/crop market related but rather overall world economic stability. You can be medium/long term bullish ag commodities but there are potentially some very rough roads ahead. Everyone has to survive the short term to enjoy the long term.

Comment

The big graincos have a monopoly, railroads a monopoly, fert and chem collusion and a monopoly. They want us to compete against one another, divide and conquer us. We need to take the power back. A true farmers cooperative.

Comment

Should never starve peasants.

Comment

NDVI maps and satellite imagery say everything. We don't even have to open our mouths. Its their job to buy it as cheap as possible.

Plain and simple.

Comment

Just curious how many of you actually look at the charts. For what it is worth, this is where I spend my time versus trying to sort through all the market noise/chatter (also called news). When I look at them, I see new trading ranges which have included a premium for weather. Soybeans are good case in point. So is corn. New support areas and resistance.

Your biggest risk now is not agriculture/crop market related but rather overall world economic stability. You can be medium/long term bullish ag commodities but there are potentially some very rough roads ahead. Everyone has to survive the short term to enjoy the long term.

Comment

Is your double post an attempt to make your point?

Charts are good to watch. But my main concern, since I only sell physical and don't trade paper, right now is watching a withering crop and its potential eroding.

I may be missing the boat but I don't know if that is a cruise I want to be on right now.

Don't give up on me yet Charlie.

Comment

All I can say is get your targets (free call options for the grain companies) in. Dont make them raise their bids, pull your pants down and let them have a look!!!!!!

Comment

Computer cliche this morning.

Just highlighting the current trading range. If you don't want to put in grain pricing orders, fair enough. Just have have your pricing targets/actions where you take action. Write them down. Share them with your partner and have them make you accountable to them when they are hit.

Comment

bgmb, I thought I was the only one who hated those things. But, but but do you know how many get triggered and hopefully yours before your neighbor's. If you don't have one you may miss an "opportunity".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...