• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea aphids ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea aphids ??

What's the most effective product to use ?

Crop insurance.

Comment

If I recall correctly - Cygon (dimethoate). Check the guide I do not have one with me. Or a hard heavy rain works to wash them away.

Comment

Ya did some checkin - Cygon is most likely best option .
        A hard rain ? I might as well wait for fukin Santa clause and his elves to come pick them off
        Crop insurance - will be a joke - most likely just above crop insurance yeild levels at this time .
        We have a crop to deal with , so can't ignore it

Comment

yea , that's what we use on canary and flax for those aphids , it is a lot lower rate than for plant bugs in alfalfa. I think it was 3 jugs a quarter, maybe 4 ? , but not sure ? I have never been convinced they do the damage they tell us , what's everyone else think ? lots of times on flax and canary we just left them alone and were not sorry we didn't spray , also have sprayed half quarters and saw no yield diff ? often wondered if it was recreational spraying ? no experience in peas , tho , probably lot worse also when it's dry like you are

Comment

Once we sprayed half the fields and wow it was worth it. them suckers took out yield big time. Next year we sprayed all except a check and no real difference. I think at what stage the crop is at and what are the environmental conditions.

Comment

We have a fairly thick crop runnin on fumes and growth has stalled now that they are podding . With lush conditions I would think it is not much of am issue

Comment

yea , thats for sure every year different . one never wants to think he has anything figured out, lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...