• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soy yields in Canada. Soy is going to replace peas and some Canola!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not suggesting soybeans aren't a good fit in the east side of the prairies. Will let others comment on the west which at least today is more likely growing soybeans on brown soils.

Perhaps to one point though. I still find it interesting that soybeans double freight on meal. Soybeans south (US price minus freight) and soybean meal north (US crush plant price plus freight). A part of soybeans growth should be value added processing in western Canada.

My only other thoughts is I think meal markets will continue to struggle. Vegetable oil markets are beginning to bottom. I was wrong on being optimistic on vegetable oil based on bio diesel/crude oil prices. So far anyway.

Comment

Rode by a field of fababeans that were ready to be combined. Blackest ugliest things I have seen. Brought back my University day summer job when I used to have to have to hand harvest them. The varieties in those almost never matured and thick stocks that I had to basically hack through.

Comment

agreed on soy processing...need the animals/interest/confidence in MB....another story.

Comment

About soy processing, i imagine as soy acres increase, existing crushers like bunge in Altona, viterra in ste. Agathe will adapt their plants to run beans too. Dont see new players coming, at least for several years.

Comment

Charlie they are definitely easier to combine now. Spray with Rup and 3 weeks later u buzz them off and generally dry to. Use to cut them and leave them til spring sometimes. They would be so full of mice u had to pressure wash off the sieves. F'n gross.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...