• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas are fantastic.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on you Klause, hope they finish for you. There are a lot of naysayers everywhere lol - most are too lazy this time of year to do anything extra then call down anyone who does and then say their yields are b/s. I for one believe your yields, much like JD's. We had about the same here last year - funny thing is you get the same reaction lol

Comment

... and those fixed expenses don't exist for every crop no matter what?

Trucking is the only thing that costs more. .. we negotiate a picked up price or haul a WHOPPING 20 km round trip.

Comment

Stormin, just compare the variable cost because all fixed costs are the same, no matter what you grow. So Storm on!

Comment

Stormin gonna plant wall to wall peas next year just watch..

Comment

Sorry klause I am not posting any pics of my peas.. Don't wanna take the wind out of your sails They are very good here as well with the exception of some minimal drowned out acres.. Interesting fact tho drove from Farm to portage last week and once I hit the transcanada there isnt a decent field in 720 kms that I saw.. All drowned out and root rotted..

Comment

JD

2nd your statement on the nice peas

Way more Chem damage than growers care to admit.

Full bloom here... Maturity will catch up in 2 weeks with warm weather.

Averaged 10 year crop easy. Sf3 can't trick sat imaging.

Those who need to know... Don't surprise. Easy.

Enjoy. The weather!

Cheers!

Comment

Nice to see, in our back yard it is mixed. Some very good fields, notably on lighter more well drained soils, some bad, with yield loss but not devastated and devastated. Some of these fields had the full meal deal with fertilizer inoculant and now not worth the fungicide.

Soil types, led to saturation, lighter soils or well drained fields faired better.

Comment

Stopped an looked at the peas today, pale stunted and starting to show signs of chlamydia

Comment

Fabas are chest high in places now... great year for them... they LOVE this weather!!!

Comment

I looked in a neighbours field, we have no peas. They look good, full bloom ....

but if you walk through and randomly pull 10 plants randomly out of the ground( dont dig them out), pull them by the main stock and look where they break off. Many are brown and hardening off, root rot. Good luck , weather and timing will determine how well these crop finish. Today the weather is ideal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...