• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain showers - pea harvest.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain showers - pea harvest.....

Almost the only cloud in Western Canada this morning and it showered here this am. got 4 hrs green pea harvest in and ya just showered again- the only fukin cloud in western Canada again. Nothin but clear skys says every forecast. *** me. On a good note, yeilds are as expected, just a kick in the balls at last minute. Green peas BTW.

Believe me, yours was not the only cloud
    in the sky. lol

Comment

Whats with all the black soot in the peas this year? Swathing peas today, and I'm sure I musted have looked like a dust cloud moving back and forth across the field! Swather covered in black soot, and having to stop to wipe windows down. Is it from 1)Dead aphids I sprayed out about three weeks ago and their sugary residue? 2)Something related to all the many yellow butterflies/moths in this stand? 3)If disease, what type and when should've it been sprayed, with incrop herbicide or later? In the odd spot too wet to spray, the wild oats are absolutely covered in orange rust, related to the black soot?
      Yield looks like it will be good, pods filled nice, however week in low spots where rain stood and/or stayed saturated too long.

Comment

Freewheat I was in yorkto at the pull last night
        swathe cloud to the west checked the blackberry
        and wtf. Rain. Yea, peas should go tomorrow our
        was geese are problem way to many and ducks.

Comment

Suspect the majourity base part of the black dust is the result of the tonnes of it coming off grid road traffic, and settling on your crops. Go for a walk, and you choke on it a half mile in on every field. Dead calm, and it drifts road to road settling on everything. It showed up here with the RM abuse dirty gravel spreading program.

Comment

Think the black dust might be Anthracnose.
            Combining Lentils combine is black. Combusts
            easily.

Comment

If you google Anthracnose on lentils, you will see
              the black spores. Also you may have noticed
              yellowing strips in your fields. The spores are soil
              borne.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...