• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea prices in Northt Dakota vs. Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea prices in Northt Dakota vs. Alberta

Why are they over $10 in North Dakota and only just over $9 in Alberta????

Vittera emailed me 8.37? I asked same question
    and very few grown.

Comment

Filling previously sold cargos?

Comment

What would it cost to get the peas from regina to Nd in Freight? Can't go to jail for hauling peas .

Comment

Possibly rail freight costs are more in Alberta than ND? The peas are open market. If you match the quality the North Dakota buyer wants, and if he is willing to buy yours, you can enter a contract. If dockage, discounts, customs fees and truck freight to North Dakota USA are less than $1.00/bushel, you can sell your peas to North Dakota for more money than if you were to sell them to the Alberta destination. This is the choice you have to sell your peas.

Comment

Price of peas today in Weyburn is 8.30. And Weyburn is 50 miles from ND.

Comment

It's called PL-480. Apparently they're not allowed to use Canadian peas or lentils in the program.

Comment

It has got be the CWB's fault.

Ask John Depape why arbitrage is not working in the case of peas? If ND can pay $10 that must be the world price.

Why are they almost $2.00 lower in Canada?

Comment

This question reminds me of similar questions that everyday consumers have had about products in Canada vs US. For example books or atv's and sleds or clothing. All of those products are cheaper to buy in the US, just look on the back cover of any book or magazine.

But then look at the financial state that the US is in.

Yeah, I'd rather pay a bit more for products up here and get less for a product when I sell if that helps in anyway to avoid a total economic collapse or rioting in the streets.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.