• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubble Boy Speaks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubble Boy Speaks

Always interesting how Harper in person doesn't come across as the radical he's made out to be in the press or by the die-hard lefty's.

He sounds down right reasonable here. Which is probably what scares them.

Comment

That's because mulroney was a crook and in reality should have been a liberal.

He probably doesn't like the fact that harper is trying to clean up Ottawa and the paper bag scandals. Maybe mulroney isn't in on the jet buying like the airbus deal.

Comment

did you vote for him?

Comment

Yeah but I didn't know he was a crook until later.

He did set the liberals up for the good times as well. Remember the gst the liberals were going to get rid of.

And speaking of liberals, does anyone remember chretien and trudeaus finance policy - spend spend spend.

Comment

i have voted conservative so often over the last forty years but harper just strikes me as a meanspirited powermonger. and then this comes out:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tories-misled-parliament-on-g8-spending-auditor-general/article1979865/

Comment

I heard something the other day but didn't honestly catch the whole story, but supposedly Flaherty hid numbers previously when in Ontario gov. And no it wasn't cbc it was ctv or bnn, not that it matters. What was that all about? Is this just bull or is there something to it?

Comment

btw we found out mulroney did have his hand in the cookie jar (whereas chretien probably extorted the bakery) but he did demand ministerial accountability and michael wilson laid the groundwork for paul martin's success as minister of finance. i don't respect mulroney sitting on adm and being in charge of dealing with the price fixing (like working for the mafia) but it was some of the best govt. canada had in the last half of the twentieth century.

Comment

He had high spending because the liberals and ndp would have caused an election if he would not have spent money on gm and chrysler.

Comment

jensend

I agree. But harper is saying he is going to trim fat, the liberals are saying they are going to spend thru business tax increases.

I have to go with Harper.

Comment

Bucket read my post.Harper had the highest spending BEFORE the stimulus spending

Another Point, no economist (except one who wants to get power) would have ever CUT their revenues by cutting the GST. That cut billions out of the revenue stream and put us immediately in the RED

Comment

Would be too bad if we had the law as we know it in Canada replaced with another.

I have an idea or two bucket et al if you can spare 15 minutes per day. And as you well know, ask cott, confidentiality is final.

parsley2008@live.ca

Comment

And putine said the gst would be gone! Yet he didn't touch it. Harper ran on lowiering it from 7 to 6 to 5%, he did it, and you complain about it???? Who ARE you voting for then? You can't vote conservative, because Harper lowered the gst, you can't vote liberal, because Chretien didn't touch it. That leaves ndp or green. Which is it then? The communists with lenin, or the uber communists with bucky the beaver?

Comment

freewheat

I thought she was a chipmunk?

Comment

No, she slapped her tail at the last debates when Mr. Harper calmly listened to her screeching, and didn't react as she had hoped. In a panic of course.

I will vote for a con majority. If the cons don't do as they say they will regarding the cwb and gun registry etc. They won't get my vote necessarily next time. I am buying right now that they have been strapped by their minority position. If they refuse to act conservative after a majority, we can draw conclusions. Until then, they get the benefit of the doubt from me.

On the ctv website today they talk of image. Of course harper gets the lowest marks. No talk of iggy's blue sweater, fake smile, or bushy eyebrows, just harpers sweater from 2006!! No talk of May's fixable chompers, her chubby rodnetlike look laytons bald little lenin-like beak, His beady little lying eyes. Nope, just harpers lego hair, and his sweater from 2006. No bias there.

I went to the con website last night. there is a pic of harper with Laureen on the bus, sharing a quiet moment together. She is leaning on him texting or something, he has his arms around her. A great picture, of a great PM. My wife almost got tears in her eyes, after all the harper bashing, and the fact here we have a pm with young kids, a pm who snuggles with his wife, for the first time since... Well I don't think it has happened before.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...