• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentils, Peas, Chickpeas???????????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentils, Peas, Chickpeas???????????

So what will you seed this year?? I predict large chickpea acreage down by 30-35%. Large Green Lentils up 5%. Small Green Lentils down 15%. Red lentils up 10%. B90 chickpea down 30%. Yellow Peas up 10%. Yellow mustard up 50% Brown and Oriental up 30%. This is what I see right now, and I work in the special crops industry as a processor, and as well I farm. These estimates would be reflective of what I am told from producers in our area. Anybody have any comments???????

My guesses on acres.

Lentils - agree large seed up 5%. Small seed down 15 %. Reds - no comment (likely where you have them).

Chickpeas - Kabulis down some although I think you may be aggressive. down 5 to 15 % with biggest cut in small seeded (B90/chico). Desi unchanged to down 10 %.

Mustard - I agree - up 50 % across all classes. (Is it going to rain?)

Canary seed - Up at least 50% with a caveat that it needs to rain.

Colored beans - I will do civil servant soft shoe here but look for others comments.

Others thoughts?

Comment

Forgot peas. Yellow up 5 to 10 %. Green up 10 to 20 %.

Comment

I am seeding Kabulis, canary seed, yellow peas and Durum and maybee some desi chickpeas. I think Kabulis will be a good price next year. I think there will be lots of Canary seed and mustard seeded and the price will drop. There will be to many grasshoppers in our area to grow lentils this year so we wont even seed any. We have our lentils cleaned from last fall Red, and large grean so if any body wants to buy some seed we will have some. If not we will just keep it for next year.

Comment

so now the US is going to distort the pulse market with the new ag programs, are you still going ahead with seeding???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...