• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So 20 Bushel Pea Crop VS Not Seeding!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. I'm a bit embarrassed to be brought up so much. Farming for me sucks, yes, but I will try to rise above it. This thread is about poor yields I believe. Well, when I look at it in this area, the two fields seeded adjacent to some of my best land are horrific. 20 bushel barley, 5-8 bushel canola? Yes, I agree with sf3. I'm a bit better off. But, if they are covered for CI they will be ok. Mudding in was their decosion, one I refuse to do. Spinning through water at seeding will never produce a decent crop. I'm out to grow a decent crop. Should farmed crop insurance I guess!

Give sf3 a break. I think he is stressed, and I understand his stress. I'm just not one to go berserk everyday, even though I may feel like it. LOL

Comment

Well freewheat when I mention you it's really not only specifically you I am referring to but also the thousands of farmers in your shoes so maybe a change of wording is in order. On another note you mentioned a while back whether or not to stay in farming, and I have a question if you want to answer fine if not also no problem, but do you have the passion to stay with it, that is the question you need to ask no one but yourself. If you love farming and yet it sucks do you have the passion, guts, balls what ever you want to call it to do something to make it better for yourself as well as others or are you satisfied with trudging along taking what the system the weather etc. is going to throw at you? If you quit farming, likely if your going to be successful although luck has a lot to do with things but do you have the passion etc. to put more into any other occupation than farming?
      Believe it or not I used to sit back and believe the system will work itself out, someone else will fix the obvious inequalities, as time went on and now at this point I see that not happenning because there were and are too many people like I was just sitting there accepting and then working around the obvious bullshit thrown their way. I am not pretending to be no hero but honest the God I've seen too many good decent people in this industry being fuxxed over, humiliated etc. while others get the joy ride and it isn't right. Look at the cattlemen what's happenning there and already happenned, some high rollers backed by the government living high on the hog and the real dirt under the fingernail people loosing everything daily. If your content just taking it fine nothing wrong but for what it is worth many many of my friends that went down financially as recent as the last flooding event a few years ago, at first when they went to Alberta to work their answer was we should have quit long ago, but now I see them when they come home and they likely are doing better financially than alot of people, but every one of them say they should have done something about the bullshit even if not successful but they should have tried.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...