• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many miles on synthetic oil in my pickup?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many miles on synthetic oil in my pickup?

How many miles do people generally go between oil changes with synthetic oil? With conventional oil I've been going 5000 km (approx. 3000 miles). This is in my 08 Chev 1/2 ton.

Think with your dipstick, Jimmy!

Usually around 8,000 - 10,000 km.

Comment

guys I know go 15000 km before changing oil with only a filter change in between time

Comment

doesn't your chevy have an oil life monitor? With my old powersrtoke and synthetic I would go 10-15k but it carried 18L of oil and had a filter on it bigger than most on my tractors. I wouldn't go more than 8K with a gas job especialy those chevys as they have a smaller oil filter than my quad. When I bough my new F-150 they recomended every 8k with standard oil but once again it's a way larger filter. If you really want to know send a sample of your used oil away to get it analyzed, I don't think it's that expensive.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...