• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manufacturer Feedback: What would you change.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manufacturer Feedback: What would you change.

So i figured this might be a good idea, i doubt anyone from deere/case/agco/etc with any push in mfg. looks at this forum for improvements...but they might stumble upon it sometime.

Basically, lets hear some rants/irks about any machine. No color war shenanigans, just plain old things you don't like about em.

1. Deere Soil finishers: Why is it so hard to box the ends of the square tubing for shank mounts? What about covers for the rockshaft tubing? This really makes a PITA job of washing equipment...sitting there for 30minutes with the hose/power washer/blowgun to get all the dirt out of them is a real hassle and could easily be eliminated if you'd spend $30 more to weld endcaps onto the open tubing.

2. 9x00-9x30 series 4wd's...make removeable covers please! The frotn and rear axle housings where their bolted (inside dual) make a cover...this area collects mud like no tomorrow, and we all know water metal=rust. The rear end pumpkin area (immediately in front of your hyd. block), gathers stalks, mud, gravel easily and the only way to clean it is to get in there with your hands and pull the reachable items out. Why can't they have a removeable cover for that? i imagine heat builds up quickly when the air is obstructed by 6" of crap that builds up in that area. ...also, how about a way to slide out front end coolers out for cleaning? When you have an oil cooler, hydraulic cooler, radiator, condensor all stack in front of one another with about 6" of space in between them, it's a real pain to wash them out, the only real solution is to get what you can with a blow gun and hope it's good...if we could pull each cooler out on a slide tray individually, it'd be really conveniant.

John Deere 1900/1910 air cart:

IF you have the double-shoot system, the mechanism that switches between shoots gets seized up, especially with fert.

There is no point in having a double-shoot system if it seizes up.

Also the metering rollers are very hit or miss and wear out too easily.

I love the poly tanks, the cat-walk, the caster wheels, vs the A-train type of air cart that bourgault makes. Very easy to back-up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...