• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You a Fan of Precision Farming or Not?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You a Fan of Precision Farming or Not?

Just wondering how people were feeling about the new technology?

Is it helping you?

Any stories, good or bad welcome.

Peter Gredig
    Farms.com

Sure am a fan of GPS.

Comment

gps/ezsteer are great!

Comment

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/js/2.0/video/evp/module.js?loc=dom&vid=/video/tech/2009/06/13/myers.gps.tractors.cnn" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from [URL="http://www.cnn.com/video"]CNN Video[/URL]</noscript>

Comment

I am a fan of RTK GPS for Autosteer.

I don't care about yield mapping and variable rate application which is a bunch of crap and is never accurate, and a waste of time money and energy.

Comment

It all depends on what you are expecting out of it. If you expect to save money from not overlapping, you will be greatly dissappointed. That is ofcourse if you cannot seed straight without it. We found no decrease in acres with it. For us the advantage is being less tired. Less strain on the person driving. You can pay attention to other stuff, not just driving.

The only place where it helped as far as saving chemical was pre-harvest, where it is too difficult to see the markers.

Comment

When inexperienced operators are running the outfit there is an overlap or miss savings for sure. Of course they never will get good at it if the unit does all the steering. My 78 year old helper finds it much nicer too. When foliering on grass or aerating it is the first really successful marker we have used. We often slice out areas for different experiments and it is nice it instantly know the acreage. On odd shaped field I often use the free form mode. GPS is more than mapping and driving strait.

Comment

I have the Raven system in my cab running my case SRX 160 and love it. Never liked spraying until this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...