• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A-Train pup trailer.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-Train pup trailer.

Hello,

I have a tandem axle truck with grain-box and was thinking of getting a pup trailer.

I was wondering if anyone here has a A-Train pup trailer with 2 sets of tandem axles.

I was just wondering how they are to back-up. Are they kinda difficult to back-up like a hopper-box?

Need to know because my yard requires alot of backing-up to get to a few bins.

Thanks.

It takes a while to learn, but the trailers can be backed up, there are thousands of gravel trucks on the road with the same configuration.

Comment

There's a couple different farmers in the area with a triple axle pup. Solid frame, about a 19 ft box. Backing that up wouldn't be an issue. Won't haul quite as much grain, but may be an option.

Comment

Have this configuration myself, backing around corners can be frustraing if you have enough room to get straightened out befor you back up, and can continue on in a straight line its piece of cake once you get used to it.

Comment

When custom haulers used to use more of that type of pup trailer, i can remember some of them using a pin to lock the front axle. Maybe slightly hard on the tires but used only sparingly. The pin came down from the front frame into the 5th wheel plate. Some guys even hooked up an air pot to pin/unpin from cab.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...