• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flexi-coil drill pluging

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flexi-coil drill pluging

We have a 30 foot Flexi-coil 6000 drill with tow-between 2320 cart with a 320 granular tank. We bought it intending to use it to triple shoot, and the salesman told us it could easily be done. Putting some starter fertilizer with the seed and banding fertilizer as well. We have had a lot of trouble with the distributors plugging, resulting in one distributor not seeding and leaving strips around the field. Has anyone else experienced this? We have stopped attempting to triple shoot, concluding that it cannot be done consistently.

I don't have a 6000 but I do have a 39 foot 5000 with over 60 shanks, that I have triple shot with. And yes I did have some trouble at first when putting 140# of seed and 250# of fertilizer . I set all the air setting by the book and as soon as I grabbed an extra gear (6mph ) or throttled back off went a blockage moniter and by that time the hose was plugged back to the manifold. I finnally got pissed off and cranked the fan up to about 4900 rpm balanced the air divider so more was going to the fertilizer. end of problem.A neigbour that has a 56 foot 5000 had to stay below 4 mph ( very high rates of product) He had added a second fan , But I have not heard if it helped or not.

Wish you luck, they do work nice when they are working but they can sure be dissapointing at times .

Gary

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...