• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zamboni

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zamboni

a buddy just dropped off an old zamboni (I think it is anyways). It is an american-lincoln model 505-605, small self-propelled 4 cylinder flathead with rotating brushes underneath and a large wash tank. Any old rink rats out there? I will try to get it into the shop later and look underneath, it is either an old zamboni or a floor sweep/wash unit.

I tried google but havent found anything yet. Anybody with knowledge?

Thanks

sounds to me like you've got yourself a street sweeper (never heard of ice machine with brushes -could be wrong though ) has it got a volkswagen engine ? thats what the old zambonis used

Comment

Its a liquid cooled 4 cylinder flathead, I think you are right abuot it being a streetsweeper but I think I can use it to flood the rink, it looks like it holds about 150 gallons of water. As long as my kids dont read this I can still tell them its a zamboni.

Thanks

Comment

If you haven't gone thru all this already, out of curiosity Googled (advanced search) American-Lincoln.
        Their website is under advance-us.com, and searching their site for 505-605 brings up 18 pdf docs, apparently including manuals.
        Would be interested in knowing what the engine turned out to be; small Lhd 4 brings to mind one of the little "Y" Cont'l's, but a couple of the website pdf's mention Ford, and yours could be one of a couple dozen engine builders models. Bud pitybud@msn.com Many thxx!!

Comment

This discussion got me humming the song from the commercial....

"I want to drive the Zamboni...."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...