• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foam market or lightbar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foam market or lightbar

I see lightbars are getting cheaper and cheaper.
    Are the entry level units good enough to replace a foam marker?
    Easy enough for the old guys to use (or slow younger guys like me)?
    Which ones are upgradable for autosteer later?
    I see JD has a system for $1400, the outback S-lite is 995(US). Anybody use either of these for seeding or just set them for 18" overlap and spray? With 0 overlap what should I expect when seeding?

Thanks for any info

I'm sure you'll get a lot more response from people with more knowledge than me, but I was in you shoes not long ago and here what I know.
    Don't even consider the foam marker over the light bar. Start with which ever system seems most user friendly to you.
    From what I've seen choose something with a screen also, makes it easier to pick up the next pass making the turn on the headland.
    You will use it for more than you expected, and see the benefits and want to head to autosteer.
    Also check out the trimble 250 system, as an entry level unit.
    As far as being able to run them, your on the net clicking, surfing and such you and certainly master a gps unit.

Comment

Forgot to answer your over lap questions, on the spayer I'm set for 6 inches of over lap, and feel I could make it less never find missed stripes but could see the over lap when I burnt some crop last spring.

Comment

In my opinion, you should spend as much as you are comfortable with. I thought an Ez-Steer was expensive 2 years ago but now own 2.
        On level ground, we could run with next to 0" averlap but in hilly conditions not- overlap will have to be increased with increased slope.

Comment

Never used S-lite but love outback S and S-2.Used for years and Much better than foam by a long ways.
          I now have outback e-drive on tractor for seeding and combine and sp sprayer. Never had a screen just the lite bar .

Comment

Price are higher now due to our low dollar compared to U.S.

Comment

90ft sp sprayer I set at 89ft on S-2
              On 39ft drill I set at 39ft 1 inch

Comment

Don't even consider a foam marker.
                We've used the ez-guide plus for a few years and have the ez-steer as well.
                If you're on a tight budget i'm sure there are some used Trimbles or Outbacks out there for very little $$.

Comment

Ron,

I've run outback and trimble both are good systems. If you have irregular shaped fields or sloughs a mapping system is a real asset (check out the trimble ez guide 500) If you are looking to save money I'd look for used stuff phone around to a couple local Case dealers I bet they have some dirt cheap trimble equipment to get you started.

We are running trimble in the sprayer at 89ft on a 90 ft boom that gives you a little room for error on turns. also run on the drill with 6 inches of overlap and o misses.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...