• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stripper header

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stripper header

I have a JD CTS and have trouble putting flax through it. I started by direct cutting but it sounded like bowling balls going through it. If I swath the flax it goes through quieter but one of the tine seperators tends to plug a bit and then "dump" all the way down the field. I wonder if anyone has used a stripper header to eliminate any straw going through the combine?

Was looking for a stripper header once and the dealer mentioned a couple guys using them. Went to the first one was in flax and found the guy not busy so he showed me to his field and about how good a job it was doing. When we went in it was not so great as he thought. Maybe 20 percent left in the field. A heavier taller crop would be better. Possibly you could plant direct seed throught it I am not sure.
    The other guy in Wheat was using 6 combines and one with the stripper. Doing a good job the extra tall stubble every 6 rows helps hold snow. Might have to deal somehow with the tall stubble.

Comment

Thanks. I am thinking along the lines of being able to market the straw. After harvest, flatten it. Then in spring after some retting has taken place, rake it and bale it. There is supposedly a market for good straw but we have all heard that before.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...