• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grain baggers- how to handle used bags?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grain baggers- how to handle used bags?

I am on my second year with a grain bagger and really like the concept and the way it works, but I struggle with handling the used bags.

They are heavy, slippery and extremely bulky once they are used. I need a way to get them compact and then take them to the landfill??? I tried burning one, but it takes forever to burn it all up and it is not great for the environment. It would be nice to have a machine that would collect it up and compress into a bale and tie it.

How is everyone handling the bulky and 270-300 lbs of bag once it is used, and where are people disposing of the bags?

TIA

Not sure were you are located, but someone told me Sarcan in Sask. buys them.

Comment

Thanks for the lead.

Biggest problem is getting the used bags packaged small enough to transport anywhere. The won't fit in the back of a pickup truck and are even hard to get compact enough on a 16' flatdeck.

Comment

I think I recall in my surfing that I saw an extractor (red?) that rolled up the bags as it worked. Would help with one problem but not the disposal end of it.

Comment

We used Ag-Bags in UK for grass silage and a recycler collected used bags . He used a modified baler to compress the plastic , feeding it into the baler with a truck mounted Hiab , which then loaded the bales onto his truck .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...