• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic seives

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic seives

Anyone out there replaced seives with plastic adjustables from harvest services? They are 40 % lighter so I'm wondering if this would help the problems with Case Ih combines and their problems with shaker bushing going out so often

I bought a used Case IH combine that had a plastic sieve- don't know if it was a Harvest Services one- but we had to replace it cause it started to come apart. We were finding louvers in the grain sample. We usually take our combine in for the inspection program so the bushings get changed regularly.
    Mind you, I have heard of metal ones breaking also.

I am a fan of the Air Foil chaffer. Neighbor had an adjustable air foil (Peterson Chaffer??) and that seeemed a little better than my nonadjustable.

Comment

Put one in a MF 550 and it sure worked fine. Sieve problems often come from from being out of time. In the 550 the front left corner of the shoe broke, and i welded it and bought the plastic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...