• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaldson & Pettitt Engines, Anyone???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaldson & Pettitt Engines, Anyone???

A Washington State poster, on another site, has a stationary engine with "Donaldson & Pettitt, Victoria" on the tag (presumably Victoria, BC). It's a 1cyl, air cooled, 41/2 HP@ 1200, with "two large flywheels", looks like 20s-30s style. Can't find anything on Google (probably looking in the wrong places); does anyone remember these engines, or where to find info about them?? Any comments, leads, sympathy appreciated. Many thxx!!

Mystery may be solved: the engine was posted as Donaldson Bros and Tippett, Victoria (which I assumed meant BC)and which I somehow garbled to Donaldson & Pettitt, but a reply from Tomm.com.au noted it sounded an awful lot like Ronaldson & Tippett, Victoria, Australia. Googling Ronaldson & Tippett brings up a raft of hits about such engines, and it appears they were the builders. Many thxx to anyone who may've dug around on this, and my apologies for my garbling the name.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...